Vegas Pro 14 available

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Reaction score
Magix has launched Vegas Pro 14. (it was free, subject to updating current version of Vegas to V13 via Magix £149.00). Just downloaded and installed on two laptops. early days but looks good and appears to be well reviewed.

That offer seems to have ended last month from what I can see? I like the further flexibility on velocity envelopes as it's a bit restrictive now with 1000fps footage but admittedly wouldn't have paid £150.

John

I wonder if Magix will offer upgrades to users of earlier versions of Vegas in the way that Sony used to. I couldn't see anything about upgrades on the web site.

I had every version from v6 to v12 but stopped at v13 because it offered little of use to me over v12 and still suffered from unresolved bugs. So I wasn't prepared to spend £149 on something I didn't want in the hope that Magix might fix the problems in v14.

It'll be interested to see how v14 is received after people have time to give it a good try-out.

So I wasn't prepared to spend £149 on something I didn't want in the hope that Magix might fix the problems in v14.

Unless you have a camera that has a format that's unsupported in your current version of Vegas, I see no reason to upgrade. v14 appears not to contain really significant changes from Magix yet. That will probably start occurring in v15.

Also be aware that scripts will have problems running unless they are modified to suit the brand change.

Dan.

Unless you have a camera that has a format that's unsupported in your current version of Vegas, I see no reason to upgrade. v14 appears not to contain really significant changes from Magix yet. That will probably start occurring in v15.

Dan.

I agree, although some bug-fixes particularly related to the graphics acceleration would have been nice.

I hope Magix don't interfere too much with the interface - I particularly liked the 'precision' feel of the old Vegas.

I'll watch with interest as things develop and in the meantime continue to use my Edius workhorse.

Nigel

Richard means that there are reports on the MAGIX forum that say the ac3 Pro encoder is not included in Magix Vegas Pro 14 / DVD Architect Pro 7 thus not allowing any customization.
Note this piece of a post from one of most knowledgeable Vegas experts from 2015: The Dolby Digital AC3 Pro encoder is shipped as part of DVD Architect Pro and does not come with Vegas Pro at all. I've always had both installed ---, I do remember that computers where I only installed Vegas Pro installed did not have the AC3 Pro encoder.

SCS sold their own Vegas Pro Edit package for a couple of years. One of the few differences was that with that package the ac3 Pro encoder was not available. They added later the possibility to buy DVD Architect Pro 6 separately, which helped in this.

Last edited:
Just filmed a short clip with ac3 5.1 audio and imported to timeline. It has 5.1 audio and 5.1 surround mixer works.

Attachments

• Vegas14_Surround.jpg
    Vegas14_Surround.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 42
Chopped end off clip and rendered audio using AC encoder. Message came up ac3 encoder enabled.

Output is 5.1.

General
Complete name : C:\Users\gltho_000\Documents\Untitled.ac3
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
File size : 446 KiB
Duration : 8s 160ms
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 448 Kbps

Audio
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3