Vegas 4

M

mab25

Hi,

I've been using Pinnacle studio 8 for a while now and am beginning to lose patience with it constantly crashing or failing to do things as it should.

I've now decided to look at alternatives. I previously had a look at a demo of Adobe Premiere 6 but it looked a bit overwhelming.

I am now considering looking at Vegas video 4.

Does anybody know if Vegas video is a reasonably simple step up from Pinnacle. I'm willing to put the time in to learn but don't want something that's going to take too long to get to grips with.

Also before I try Vegas can anybody tell me if it is any good and how it compares to adobe premiere.

Thanks,
M.

Vegas is very good & has many Premiere converts who use it. (Just check it's forums which are very active)

I moved from Pinnacle 7 to Vegas and found it reasonably intuitive. I've not used Premiere but most converts report that Vegas is much more stable, faster work flow & has the best audio features of an NLE by far (it did start life as an audio program).

I'd reccomend if you decide to go for it you consider getting this book .

Read that first & you will be productive with it very quickly.

It is a pro program really (I don't even touch on what it is capable of with what I do) & in a different league to Pinnacle 7/8

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks vonhosen,

I think I'll take your advice and go for it. All of the reviews I have read seem to give it the thumbs up, but it's nice to know that somebody has made a smooth transition to vegas from pinnacle.

Cheers,
M.

i was at the product launch for Studio 9 this week - really nice piece of software, and in their own words 'signicantly improved stability'... i'd suggest taking a look at it... got some nice new features and fixes a lot of previous issues..... should be hitting stores shortly..

Kev

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom