Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

VCR troubles

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by M0T, Mar 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a panasonic NV-HS900B VCR which was bought in 1996 and was then top of the line. However recently when playing/recording tapes it squeaks. I have opened it up and am only able to discern that the noise comes from under the tape and not the head area, has anyone got any clues as to what this might be?

2. gges

gges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Easy cure - take the bottom off the VCR - put a tape in and press play. Look out for the capstan motor - spins quite slowly. You will see a brake on the rotor - the noise comes from the felt pad. Literally ONE DROP of oil on this pad will cure the fault. Do not be tempted to oil anything else! If this doesn't cure your problem please let me know and i'll try to help further. Good luck.

Rgds, GGES.

3. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I did what you said, but it still makes the noise, have you got any other ideas?