• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VCR to TV can I use remaining sockets to capture TV image with capture card?

greatscot

Novice Member
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG Old school question. I'm playing VHS tape through a VCR onto Digihome tv using Scart socket,). I have an EasyCap capture device. Can I send the image from the TV Screen out using remaining sockets. What cables/adaptors and configuration can I use. I can capture straight from VCR to PC but the image is poor. I'm out of my depth hear, drowing and need assistance. This is day 2. Arggggh

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The image is not going to improve routing it via a TV!

VCR is low resolution/quality so don't expect miracles!

A decent capture device/software/configuration will produce something acceptable for library purposes - just don't expect DVD quality images.

Joe

greatscot

Novice Member
Thanks Joe, I had a feeling that was the case but its really helpful to have it confirmed by someone who knows. I've tried the sandisk Vmate but found the remote a nightmare. The Easycap is very simple and I've got it running but as I said the image is poor. Can you point me to a thread with a recommended configuration?
Greatscot

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
In the past I've used a Canopus ADVC-100 between my Camcorder and S-VHS deck and my MacBook Pro to capture and then Edit - I cant remember what edit software I used, I tried a few and some where horrible to try and learn your way through.

Try the Camcorder and Video Edit Forum for more input on how best to capture your tapes -
Camcorders & Video Editing | AVForums

How many tapes do you have? - if you only have a few it may be better to have them professionally digitised?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom