• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

vcr to pc to dvd

tmmitzzie

Standard Member
Hi guys. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my problem.
I am currently trying to copy from video to dvd via my pc. I have a philips DVDR1648 dvd rewriter in my pc. this drive came bundled with nero v6.6 and philips digital converter v1.0.
Via usb, running the digital converter program, I can watch on my pc screen and record to memory, a video played on my vcr. Then i can burn the disk. It burns ok, but when I play back the newly recorded dvd disk the sound is ok but the picture is very juddery, as if some of the frames have been missed. The same thing happens when I play the same disk on my tv/dvd setup. I've tried changing the settings in the converter program, tried other disks, and the philips website doesn't offer any solution either.
can anyone help?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom