vcr to dvd

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by aberhosan, Sep 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. aberhosan

aberhosan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    recording tapes to discs. please tell me how to connect scart leads and aerial leads, I have a panasonic dmr-hs2, a sky box, tv and vcr. What is the proceedure for recording my video collection onto disc?

2. sanderton

sanderton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting decent quality? Wait for teh shows to be repeated on Sky and record them again on the DVD!

Dubbing from VCR to DVD is not great quality. You can try just prutting a SCART connection from VCR to DVD hand hope that the DVD can handle the timebase stuff.

3. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

The Panny machines have no problem handling even the worst quality tapes. I know I have thrown all sorts of VHS rubbish at my E20 and E30.

aberhosan. Just connect your VHS scart to the DVD H2 scart and select the approriate AV setting on your H2 and Bobs your uncle...

As for waiting for repeats:D Well the best progs are seldom repeated is that not so...:D If it's the "Simpsons" series you collect then they are repeated so often you won't need your H2 recorder so you could give it to me instead.....:D :D

4. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    aberhosan. If you are unsure about connecting all of your equipment. Here is how I have mine set.

1...Airial cables daisy chain linked as per usual...

2..Sky box TV scart to your 1st TV scart

3..H2 machine assuming it is the same as my E20 then connect upper scart of the H2 to the Sky box vcr scart

4..connect your VCR scart to the 2nd scart on your TV.

5..Connect a scart lead from your VCR to your H2. (Lower scarts on each machine) Hope i havent made any errors with the above info. Post how you get on.

You have a wonderful machine with RGB connectivity i believe which you will need to sort out with respect to recording from Sky etc.......Enjoy..

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Most DVD recorders available have Timebase Correctors so work very well with VHS or any similar analogue input. The only exception to this are the Philips machines which have VIRTUAL timebase correctors (i.e. they don't have one but can achieve a similar result).

I would hook up as follows:

Sky TV Out (RGB) > AV2 on the HS2 then AV1 > TV (RGB In)

Sky VCR Out (Composite) > VCR In

Now for archiving from VHS to DVD you can either unhook the Sky connection from AV2 and hook up your VCR (most people do this as they don't need a permament VCR connection) or you can connect the output of the VCR to AV3 on the Panasonic (this gives a permament link but the quality won't be so good due to the requirement to use composite leads instead of a good quality Scart).