1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR to DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Numbskull, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Numbskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    i have video tapes that i want to transfer to dvd - can anyone help me out and tell me what cable i need to do this

the vcr only has scart out and audio out - and i want to connect this to the dvd recorder using the front input, which is a s-video/video and red white audio inputs

i know someone will say its easier to use scart to scart - but i have to use the front input of the dvd recorder (all the other connections are set and i dont want to keep changing them)

i have tried using an s video to s video and an audio L R cable plugged into the front of the dvd r, and using one of them adaptors u get with PS2 to connect to the cables to the vcr (which only has scart out for video)

this did not work - and i think its because the scart adaptor isnt fully pinned
    i think ive seen a scart to s video cable - are these cables directional, or can i use that cable either way

hope thats not too confusing and cheers for any help
  2. Ian J

Ian J

Aug 6, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    You won't be able to use s-video unless your VCR is a high band SVHS machine as ordinary VCR's won't output s-video so you will be stuck with lowly composite signals via scart