VCR tape to iMac / mini

Hi guys

could anyone please advise the most cost effective way of transferring a VHS tape to my mac?

I have a VHS player, iMac/mini.. thats it

no software or cable.. well I might have a cable but not sure what one I need

can anyone help?

Its only really to transfer one VHS tape (worth £5) so not financially viable to buy £xx's worth of transfer kit/software

is it possible?

thks

Dave

alanrob

Sorry, but you'll need to spend a bit of cash on a TV card for the Mac. Check the Apple store for ones they supply. Not cheap just to transfer one VHS.

Do you know someone with a DVD recorder? If so, connect them up and copy it to a DVDR.

If only I could find my box of tricks I would say send it to me and I'll do it for you....But I don't know where I left it :-(

Surely there are some others on here that could help out...

Tenex

Novice Member
Hi guys

could anyone please advise the most cost effective way of transferring a VHS tape to my mac?

The EyeTV 250 is what you want and you can resell it for near full price afterwards or use it for TV recording. Oooops just seen its only one tape though…

jont

Dave

I've a few tapes to transfer so was going to get the new Roxio cable next week - if you can wait, send me the tape and I'll do it for you ... drop me a PM if you are interested ...

rgds

Jon

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom