VCR: Sony or Panasonic

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by roadtorode, Aug 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mother's ageing nokia vcr is on the fritz and she wants a replacement. She has a Sony FQ32" TV and home cinema (DAVS880), so thought she may like a sony vcr - for remote control convenience if nothing else.

I have not heard much good about Sony VCRS, and I am a panasonic user myself (and a very happy one too), so suggested she goes this way.

Features are not massively high on her list; just wants simple and reliable and high quality audio and visual.

Any steers chaps ?:confused:

2. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 4/5 year old Sony VCR (no idea what the modle number is) and it's fantastic. Funilly enough I got it after my aging Nokia packed up!!

Not one thing ever wrong with it, picture like I've never seen on any other VCR (I guess S-VHS would beat it), superb sound, easy to use.
    Only two minor problems, it takes (and always has) what seems like forever to rewind a tape, and the remote is HUGE!!!

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    If your buying a new VCR don't even bother thinking about anything but a JVC or Panasonic model. The quality of their units is currently well beyond their rivals. Between the two their isn't much to choose from - JVC models tend to be cheap but with more 'functional' looks, whilst Panasonic's tend to look better.

I would go for S-Video as well if think your mother would appreciate it (I know mine doesn't care about picture quality as long as she can "see the picture without interference").