VCR setup advice

T

Tommo24

I currently have a Sony KV36FS76, a Sony SLV820 a cheepo dvd player (soon to be upgraded to a DAV770) and a sky digibox.

Basically the tv reception in our area is very poor. The reception through sky is great. Problem I am having is how do I record the quality pictures received through sky?

Currently I can only seem to record the poor reception seen on my VCR channel (has uniform horizontal lines all the way down the screen). I know this is probably easy to resolve butI lack the technical knowledge to resolve this problem.

I hope someone can advise.

Many thanks

Tom

How are you connecting the componants.

It should be Video -> Digibox -> TV using scarts and optionally Video -> TV using scart as well.

If its connected this way you should be able to record from sky by selecting the appropriate AV input on the Video

Sorry to be naive but do you mean that I should have a scart from the vcr to the digibox and then a scart from the digibox to the tv...and also a scart from the vcr to the tv?

I can record from sky but only get the poor quality picture that I would see on the terrestrial channels.

Is there anyway of being able to record the sky quality picture through my vcr?

Many thanks

Tom

How have you got it connected at the moment?

How about the vcr instruction manual? It should have a diagram suggesting connection methods.
That's me stating the obvious again. :confused:

Im guessing that the digibox is connected via the RF lead which would be a valid connection in the manual.

But Tommo needs to describe the current set up to see if its a connecton problem or a digibox/vcr problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom