VCR recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mrkjd, Aug 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a new VCR. From my previous posting it seems that I should be looking for a S-VHS model with TBC (Time Base Correction). I would also like a SVid out (or even component out if poss!) so I can plug it straight into my Denon 3803.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding all this info on the net - the TBC doesn't seem to be mentioned in many cases. Anybody have a VCR with these requirements which is currently available at retailers?

Found this:

http://www.dvdplayers.co.uk/php/showitem.php?pid=282

Looks pretty good. Anybody got one of these?

Regards

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    There's little doubt that JVC and Panasonic make the best VCRs currently on the market. One from either company will suit your needs for TBC and S-Video. The Panasonic model that would suit your needs is the NVHS930BS. You've already found the JVC. There's very little to choose between them so make your decision based on price, styling or any other requirements you have.

3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't have one yet; but for what it's worth, that's the very model that I've settled on after a lot of reading and searching around (even though it doesn't look so nice... :) ).

Although 'dvdplayers' were one of the companies that actually had the VCR in stock (as opposed to the on-line 'in stock'! :thumbsdow), I felt uneasy about ordering from a company that didn't readily publish their 'real world' contact details. Since then, I've had neither the time or the confidence to place an order, so I'd be interested to hear of your (or anyone else's) experiences and views.