VCR recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ajwk, May 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ajwk

ajwk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 15 year old Mitsubishi VCR has finally given up the ghost - so I am now looking for a reasonably priced one to replace it. I rarely use the VCR now, but would quite like a Tosh to match my TV and DVD player - have seen some on eBay V753, 652 and 653 cheap, just wondered if these are old models or if any peeps have got recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'd go for a Sony every time. I've had loads of VCRs, of all makes, and currently have an old (black!!) SLV-E730, and I've never had a better picture than the Sony's, even on older tapes. Like you, I only use it occasionally now, for the kid's videos. :rolleyes:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    But I'm sure you will find that Sony (along with many others) don't even make their VCRs any more and just buy them in!
    The best VCRs now seem to be from JVC as they often have TBC or possibly a Panasonic and both of these companies do make their own.

Mark.

4. ajwk

ajwk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads.

5. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My opinion is that JVC got the best picture thanks to the TBC and Digipure technology.
    Some of the tapes I rent look better (I was surprise too) than some bad quality DVDs.
    Only few Panasonic model can match, but I'll stick to the JVC.