VCR recomendation required

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Mike Swannick, Jun 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a decent S-VHS VCR. My requirements are;

Preferably silver
    Preferably Toshiba (used to the layout thats all)
    Preferably not too expensive

It is a stop gap before a DVD recorder that will go onto to be used as a capture source for home video footage.

Cheers,

Mike. :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    IMHO the only VCR's that are currently worth getting are JVC & Panasonic and I'm not sure if any other makes even make SVHS VCR's.
    If replaying old tapes then you would be best to go for a slightly more expensive VCR that has a Time Base Correction (TBC) feature as this can improve the PQ by a fair amount. You should not need to spend any more than £150.

Mark.

3. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mark. JVC or Panasonic are fine (Toshiba option was just so that the format was 'familiar' to one half of the marriage :rolleyes: )

Can you suggest a couple of models that come recommended?

4. paul710

paul710
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my Panasonic NVSV120 7 months ago for £130 and I have been surpised just how good the S-VHS performance is - would recommend this machine to anyone. I think it has just been replaced by another model (NVSV121) which I have seen for £150.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    Yeh, thats a real problem. The models just get update so quickly that somebody who bought a VCR 6 months ago would now have little idea about the current models. There again they only tend to make a couple of models of VCR these days so just decide on the features required ie Nicam, TBC, SVHS etc and I think in most cases there will only be one or two models per make.

Mark.