Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

VCR PAL 1 compatibility with Spanish system PAL B/G

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by james__bcn, Oct 30, 2005.

1. james__bcn

james__bcn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!
    I need some help!!!
    I wants to take my British VCR to Spain and I am concerned about the compatibility of the systems (both the british PAL 1 with the Spanish PAL B/G). I have read in some forums that the video will simply do not record a thing or that it will but with no sound at all. I have also read here (http://www.bigdishsat.com/fs04_stds.php), that as long as I use a SCART (also known in Spain as EUROCONECTOR) there should not be a problem abut compatibilities.
    Now, I am left wondering whom to believe since I am not able to find a satisfactory answer for my quandary and the person from the Customer Service Phoneline of my VCR maker to whom I have talked has funnily assured me that the video should work in Spain 90-100% !!
    Will it work then? If so, how should I do the connections? Antenna to TV and SCART from TV to video would do? The other way round?
    Thanks.

jAmes

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    I don't think you'll get any sound from the VCRs internal tuner on Spains Pal system, but you would be able to record from the scart output of a spanish TV.

Given the prices VCRs are going for I'd just buy another one out there!!!