VCR Friendly?

S

SS004

Hi

I bought a toshiba 210 from dvdmagic. I payed the extra money to have the machine fully modded, i.e multi-region and vcr friendly.

The problem is, when I record a region 1 disc onto video tape, the tape plays the film back in black and white?

Is there a fix? or is this correct?

I've emailed dvdmagic, but I had no reply. I thought I'd ask you guys here first before I persue it further with them.

BTW a friend of mine is having the exact same problem with his 210 which was purchased from the same place.

Thx

Now, I'm not too hot on these things, but as region 1 DVD's will be NTSC, surely wouldnt your VCR need to be NTSC compatable as well, mine is (it says on it) and it works, when I say works it can playback NTSC videos, and there is a little switch on the back (PAL/AUTO/NTSC I think), and if its in the wrong position, I think I get black and white pictures, but I may be getting confused with something else!

Yeah, what Mike said.

To tape an NTSC (USA, Japan etc) DVD you will need either:

1) A VCR capable of doing this. NB ability to replay NTSC rarely implies ability to record NTSC
OR
2) A DVD player which will output a true PAL/625/50 signal from an NTSC disc - there are a few, notably some Samsung and LG models
OR
3) A standards converter. £300-£800 from Lektropacks.

Your VCR friendly mod means that macrovision (a means of "scrambling" the video signal to confuse VCRs) is disabled. You WILL therefore be able to tape PAL (Europe, Australia, etc) discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom