1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR Connection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jaycup, Jul 30, 2005.

1. jaycup

jaycup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just installed (fist time) a Sharp DVR with HD. My set up includes a Digi-Box and a TV. I have managed (I think!) to get things up and running and can access my TV Channels including those from the Digi-iBox. I have not as yet attempted any recording. My problem is that I would like to (at least temporarily) re-connect my VCR mainly so that I can continue to view VHS Tapes until I have mastered and built up a Library of DVD's. I have no idea how to 'cable-up' for this to be successful. I have no available scart sockets other than a free AV on the back of the TV and the VCR. Would using this help or should I use some other means of connection. All advice would be gratefully received as I am a complete novice in this area.

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    That sounds ok, connect TV to VCR using a scart lead.
    If you need any further advise, tell us the model and how many scart sockets you have in each item.
    Nigel

3. jaycup

jaycup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 1 x TV Scart socket and 1 x AV Scart socket on the back of my VCR and 1 x AV Scart socket on my TV (the other scart socket is occupied by the lead from the DVR). I have connected up with a scart lead AV to AV but when I try to play a VHS Tape All I get is a 'blue' screen and no sound, does this help?. Am I correct in connecting direct to the TV or should I try to connect to the DVR as everything else sems to go through this?.

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    If you have 2 scart sockets in your vcr then 1 should go to your tv, try swapping them round, see if you get a picture.
    It sounds like your correct setup should be(ifeverything has 2 scart sockets) TV > scart VCR >scart > DIGIBOX
    TV > scart DVDR >scart > DIGIBOX
    RF(aerial) into digibox first

Nigel