1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR can't tune in aerial signal

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by amcg, Dec 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. amcg

amcg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I've got a problem with both VCRs in the house. Some months ago both just stopped being able to tune in channels from the aerial. As a result, it is impossible for them to record anything. The thing is, the signal goes through each VCR to get to each relevant tv, and the signal's absolutely fine on the tvs. Would anyone have any idea as to what might be happening and how I could fix it? It's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Line_Man

Line_Man
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw you ask that on digitalspy! Maybe the signal is too weak for both, videos do knock about 5db off the signal u know.

3. amcg

amcg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good spot!

I tried the advice from DigitalSpy on the manual vcr last night, no joy. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the automatically tuning one.

I don't think the signal can be too weak for both - the same problem occurred when I had either one connected on its own.

4. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You say 'from the aerial'. This suggest you are using a booster/ multi point amp from a single aerial. If this is so then here lies the heart of your problem.

If this is not the case then I've no idea. :confused:

5. amcg

amcg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried connecting the VCR solely via the SCART and it plays videos fine. When I connect solely via the RF cable the picture is very poor. It's not a problem with the cable as I've tried it with two others also.

It was suggested that I should just use the SCART and ignore the RF cable. If I do this is it possible for me to record one channel while watching another?