1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD on Marantz DV6400 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SurferDude, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SurferDude

SurferDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Wondering if anyone out there might help. Just got a brand new Marantz DV6400 DVD player and hooked it up to my Marantz SR7400 AV Receiver and pushed it back to my crappy old no name TV. (Yeah on the upgrade path, but slowly).

Wow, what an outcome for DVDs! It is awesome with unreal sounds through the AV Receiver and really solid picture even through my old TV.

But VCDs don't work :mad:

I get clean audio, but the video is no good. It almost looks like the vertical hold is gone and its scrolling really really fast. Needless to say, I'm not too happy as I have a library of old VCDs and payed top dollar for the player. I spoke to the dealer and he wants me to bring the machine and a sample VCD back in to store, but he's miles away and that's a major drag.

So, hoping a DV6400 aficionado might be able to help me out on the "what I've done wrong / haven't done" question.

In troubleshooting it saus connect the video straight to the TV so I did that and got the same problem as when I go via the AV Receiver. Checked the setup options but couldn't spot anything that needed tweeking.

Please help :lease:

SD