vcd in black and white

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by waylander, May 15, 2002.

1. waylander

waylander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to tape a vcd from my yamaha dvd to vcr however it looks ok on screen but records in black and white, i have them connected via a macro buster scart to scart lead, coul d anybody help please

2. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Generally speaking, when you get black&white picture where you were expecting colour, it means you are applying an NTSC picture to a device that only supports PAL.

Could this be an NTSC VideoCD?

In this case, you can see the picture on your TV because it supports NTSC (or you are using an RGB connection). However your VCR probably only understands PAL.

If your DVD player has an option somewhere in its menus where you select the output type, it may be set to "AUTO" or similar. Try setting it to "PAL" and try again.

Fergus

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Could you let me know where you got your Macrobuster from and whether it is any good or not? Thanks.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Generally speaking, when you get black&white picture where you were expecting colour, it means you are applying an NTSC picture to a device that only supports PAL.

Or you output a S-Video signal and record using composite (as normal VCRs only support composite, unless it's an S-VHS deck).