1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by tyler07, Nov 16, 2003.

1. tyler07

tyler07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *Sorry if this is in the wrong folder.

I have a few video files on cd-r' which won't copy to the HDD. I get an error message part way through the copying (invalid ms-dos function or something).

One file has an error at around 30mins (ie. video stops) but before and after that point it plays fine on my pc.

What programs are there that will let me edit the file and maybe split it into 0-29mins, then 30-120mins?

Any help/links much appreciated.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi tyler07 and welcome.

What OS are you running on your PC?
    If it is Win98se then you HDD is formatted to FAT32. Even if it is XP etc then the disk could still be FAT32 and needs to be converted to NTFS. FAT32 will mean that the biggest file that Windows can read is 4GB. If the software you are useing is a standard editing prog then it could be converting it to AVI as copying and therefore around 20 minutes of video will reach the 4Gb limit.

Give us the specs of your PC and the software/OS you are useing and we might be able to give more help and/or suggestions.

Mark.

3. tyler07

tyler07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm on Xp and not using any programs to copy, simply grabbing the video file off the disc (around 700mb) and dropping to a folder on the HDD.

Is there any software that will let me seperate the video file and then join again without the fault?

4. stormchaser

stormchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi
    if you have xp ,then you could try windows moviemaker2

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: