1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vcd creating ,problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Russell B, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Russell B

Russell B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you help ?
    I am trying to create vcd`s but not having much success.
    I d`ont want to do anything fancy, just cut out the rubbish bit`s & may be change clip orders (which i can do). The problem is when i try to create a vcd. The program does it, but when i try to play it on my dvd player it is really pixilated
    & unwatchable.
    I have a JVC GR-DVL157 Camcorder,Pyro basics DV fire wire card, ULEAD Video studio 4.0 SE basic, 1.9GiG P4 computer , VCDEASY software to burn the vcd & Samsung SV-DVD3EDVD player. Can any one help please.

Russell B

2. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I had the same problem and was advised here to use TMPGEnc to do the MPEG encoding. This helped to a certain extent but movies are still not great. I assumed my limitations were related to the poor software I use.

3. ShaneOC

ShaneOC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to convert Home Video recordings to VCD. The recoding were made using a JVC Digital Video Camera. I can capture the video/audio fine but when I try and burn a VCD the quality is very poor. I am usin Ulead Video Studio 5 to capture from the camera and then Nero to burn out a VCD.

Does anyone know how to improve the quality?

Is it possible to grap DVD quality video and burn this as a VCD?

I will try using the TMPGEnc to do the encoding. The capture software allows a capture of 720x540 pixels. What kind of quality should I be seeing from this?

4. booyaka1976

booyaka1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lso Easy cd must be version 4 DELUXE or 5 PLATINUM, the std versions do not burn vcd/svcd.

DVDs are indeed Mpeg2 but to play on a set top you need to author it using Software such as MyDVD, DVdit, Ulead Etc: you can download Uleads package on a trial.
    You can export this to CD but will only get a Maximum 18 minutes of quality Mpeg2.
    If you intend to reuse this footage you'll need software that accepts Mpeg2 on the timeline of your editing package and if you edit & re-encode expect a loss of quality.
    The files created by all DVD authoring software creates 2 Files, Audio.ts and Video.ts, drag these into your CD burning package & away you go.
    Most if not all DVD packages can take your AVI files & convert them to Mpeg2 but for real blow your head off quality download TMPGenc and experiment.