• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VC: Mario 64 discussion thread

addyb

Distinguished Member
Well downloaded this rascal last night but only just played it today after picking up a classic controller from my local morrisons!
Got the first 5 stars on the opening world.. bom omb land i think its called?
I thought id be terrible at the game but its surprising how much i remembered. I will admit it took me a little while to get used to the Z button being on top of the pad as opposed to underneath and for me it makes the long running jumps a tad trickier!
My component cable is coming tomorrow so im gonna hold off playing zelda and red steel tonight and concentrate on getting some stars on mario.
Must dash i have a baby penguin to find!! :rolleyes:

Jeff

Distinguished Member
I've got really into this, now up to 32 stars and have defeated the 2nd Bowser. The new levels look really tough though.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Can you use the GC controller for this game?

i do hope so...heh....N64 controller was the best game controller ever created......for my hands at any rate....worked perfectly....

Jeff

Distinguished Member
Yes, the GC controller works fine although I've now switched to the new classic controller. I'm not sure which I prefer.

adrian29459

I prefer the gamecube controller, or should I say, the wavebird :) . I just prefer the dpad and the analogue stick positions of the gamecube one.

D

Deleted member 65413

My debit works fine. People seem to think Visa is only a credit card for some reason. Visa Debit is fine.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
My debit works fine. People seem to think Visa is only a credit card for some reason. Visa Debit is fine.

i think the trouble is because visa electron is hardly accepted anywhere. and solo isnt always taken either even tho switch/maestro is (i've struggled with this for a couple of years now)

kreeeee

Electron/solo?
try it anyway, sometimes works! (just have to pick the relevant type, visa/switch) :thumbsup:

Ah I have a HSBC Maestro card (switch), didn't know I could pick visa and use it, will try it now.

Edit: Nope, it won't let me :( I have the Cirrus and Maestro logos on my card but the number on the card is too long for any of the options on there :(

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Ah I have a HSBC Maestro card (switch), didn't know I could pick visa and use it, will try it now.

Edit: Nope, it won't let me :( I have the Cirrus and Maestro logos on my card but the number on the card is too long for any of the options on there :(

no no no, you dont put maestro under Visa, you put Maestro under mastercard.

basically you have two groups. visa/visa debit/visa electron and switch/maestro/cirus/solo/mastercard

you need to pick the group your card belongs too

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Just bought 2000 points for a tenner from ebay(I have a US Wii) so waiting for the code to be emailed to me now.

As soon as I get the points in I think I'll go for Mario64, only ever played the DS version so I guess it'd be rude not to claim this classic for a fivers worth of points:)

Going to use one of my Wavebirds though as I don't like the looks of the classic controller.

andyr300

strange how it is cheaper to buy the points by the 1000 and there is no incentirve to buy more...if you buy the 3000 or 5000 u actually pay a few pence more

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom