VBox - no audio out connections???

Sessen Ryu

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just had Virgin installed, - i've got a Samsung Vbox, - it only occurred to me after the engineer had left to plug in the basic stereo connections in order to hear the virgin channels through my AV amp on some occasions.

But the vbox does not have any audio out connections. Is there any way around this? Any options I haven't thought of? :confused:

The samsung stb is incredibly limited.

I have one but don't use it at the minute as it doesn't seem to cooperate with scart > rca composite leads which sucks as my amp doesn't use scart (which amp does?) and so far I haven't been bothered to connect the vbox to my tv with a scart lead although I probably should as I'm paying to have it as an extra box.

I suggest you connect it to your tv via scart and then connect the tv to the amp via optical (if you have it) or stereo RCA / 3.5mm phono which I assume it will have.

I was wondering if I could daisy chain the sound from the tv to the amp...

I have optical etc on my AV amp (denon 2800) - not sure what connections I have going from my tv though... - I'll have to have a look - cheers.

I was wondering if I could daisy chain the sound from the tv to the amp...

I have optical etc on my AV amp (denon 2800) - not sure what connections I have going from my tv though... - I'll have to have a look - cheers.

That's what I did for someone, go scart to the tv and phono audio back to the amp.

I've just had Virgin installed, - i've got a Samsung Vbox, - it only occurred to me after the engineer had left to plug in the basic stereo connections in order to hear the virgin channels through my AV amp on some occasions.

But the vbox does not have any audio out connections. Is there any way around this? Any options I haven't thought of? :confused:

You just need to buy a Scart connector with a couple of audio sockets, or flyleads on the plug. Only a few Pounds from Maplin. Some Samsung boxes did have an 'optical' out. It was not very obvious because it was not labled and had a bung in the hole. Check yours.

SCART with Switch to SCART and 2 x Phono > Maplin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom