VB on the AE700 - Who actually has it then?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by explicitlyrics, Oct 8, 2004.

?
  1. Yes - I see VB and it bugs me.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Yes - I see VB but most of the time its unnoticeable and doesnt bother me.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. I did see it but after tweaking the projector and source it has gone.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. No - I dont see VB at all on my AE700.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think given the number of things people have said about VB and the AE700 its about time somebody found out how much of an issue it is to current owners. Hopefully this should clear any problems or ideas about whether its a big problem or not.
    Chris

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,036
    Let me elaborate on my vote for the 'it bugs me' option. After applying the flicker tweak it is very much reduced to the point where it is barely noticeable. BUT it is still noticeable and that's the problem , it just spoils the picture whenever it rears it's ugly head. I'm pretty sure though that it's about as clean an image as your going to get with LCD without spending silly money and the contrast and colours are excellent. Rainbows or VB at the end of the day isn't it.. which is your worse enemy?

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    bump....
    gotta be more people with this projector by now....
    or perhaps they are just having too much fun on it to post...

4. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I voted "No - I dont see VB at all on my AE700."
    I had no VB out of the box, but did the flicker tweak anyway on the sole basis that it cant do any harm and I’ve seen no change in image since the adjustment, I really cant moan about this projector in any way I love it, and id say to anyone wanting there first pj or to potential upgraders buy blind I did you wont be disappointed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. sye7euk

sye7euk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no visible VB on my 700 and flicker tweek required no ajustment. No screen door, great colour and great value for money. :thumbsup:

Steve

6. AVgadgetBoy

AVgadgetBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got mine from PriceJapan last night. Its my first real home theatre projector (own one low-end Sony projector - 380 vertical lines only since 97') - how fast things have improved!

Straight out of the box, I'm really happy with the image. Tried hard to look for VB, but either don't see it or don't recognise it (since I've not really seen one before). Anyway, only been watching for a couple of hours, so will try to keep a lookout for it.... but its going to be tough to have to keep my eyes off from enjoying the lovely images this Panny so brilliantly projects.

:zonked:

7. Tup

Tup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The projector that you got from price japan probably has japanese menus....how do you find that? Is it hard to navagate and change settings? I assume the remote is in english.

8. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    It strikes me that in many instances of vertical banding it has appeared only after the user has adjusted the picture rather than accepting the picture factory settings. Maybe best to leave well alone, eh?

9. AVgadgetBoy

AVgadgetBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, menu is in Japanese, but fortunately for me, I have studied a little Japanese before & can make out most of the names. Still I have also downloaded the English manual from the web which is useful for deciphering the Japanese menu. For someone who totally doesn't read Japanese, I would think it takes a bit of patience to map each menu item to that in the English Manual.

But I got it for only US$1739 (excl tax) which I think is a real bargain.

Remote is in English (so are the buttons on the set), so that may help alleviate the language pain a bit?