Vauxhall Zafira Bs might catch fire

imightbewrong

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
FYI

Vauxhall issues alert over Zafira fires - BBC News

More than 130 owners have reported overheating problems behind the glove-box area, some of which have resulted in fires.

Vauxhall is investigating the problem, but has not yet issued a full recall.

The affected model is the Zafira B. It is thought that 280,000 of them are currently on the road in the UK.

FYI

Vauxhall issues alert over Zafira fires - BBC News

More than 130 owners have reported overheating problems behind the glove-box area, some of which have resulted in fires.

Vauxhall is investigating the problem, but has not yet issued a full recall.

The affected model is the Zafira B. It is thought that 280,000 of them are currently on the road in the UK.
I own one of these. a bit of a worry really

depends on the type of climate control unit you have..

Recall: Vauxhall recalls 220,000 Zafira B cars over fire worries - BBC News

The model affected is the Zafira B, built between 2005 and 2014. The cars are all right-hand drive, and have manual, or no air conditioning.

_86396802_vauxhallcarstill02.jpg

So now that its been all over the news and watchdog they finally issue a recall. Put your hand up if you'd still buy a used Zafira as a family car.

Vauxhall are blaming dodgy repairs to a fuse? Shirley 220 thousand cars haven't been repaired by same dodgy mechanic?

I think about 130 fires have been reported.
Unless wrong parts were supplied for repairs.

I suspect that a design flaw means the fuse doesn't blow if a/the resistor that controls the fan speed short circuits. And it's possible aftermarket versions of the resistor are the ones that are short circuiting? I know the one in our Scenic gets so hot it's placed in the fan airflow to cool it and meltdown is a common fault. Or they are telling fibs :)

upload_2015-11-6_16-31-46.png

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The speed resistor for the fan gets hot they always have,but yrs ago they were located outside the cabin area(open to the atmosphere),where as now they're located in the airflow of the fan..relocate it back outside(problem solved)

I suspect that a design flaw means the fuse doesn't blow if a/the resistor that controls the fan speed short circuits. And it's possible aftermarket versions of the resistor are the ones that are short circuiting? I know the one in our Scenic gets so hot it's placed in the fan airflow to cool it and meltdown is a common fault. Or they are telling fibs :)

Watchdog pointed out owners that had their cars repaired by main dealers with oem parts were still affected.

The speed resistor for the fan gets hot they always have,but yrs ago they were located outside the cabin area(open to the atmosphere),where as now they're located in the airflow of the fan..relocate it back outside(problem solved)
Thanks. That's what I was thinking along the lines of, my Scenic is set up the same.

Just been watching the parliamentary select committee looking into this issue. GM did not come across well and there is no convincing evidence the issue is over. Vauxhall have 5 cars with current recalls for fire issues!

Third time lucky?
New model - the Vauxhall Barbecue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom