1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vauxhall Vectra rear window aerial problem

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Nick_UK, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    When I'm listening to FM radio in my Vauxhall Vectra, the reception is OK, except when I have the heated rear window switched on, and then all I get is a very weak signal. I've had this problem on previous Vectra's, but all the others were company cars, and the garage fixed it, but this car is mine.

Any ideas ? This does appear to be a fairly common fault ?

2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Nick,

I believe there's an amp in the roof lining. If the reception gets worse when the HRW is on, I would suspect a bad earth in that part of the loom. The roof mounted aerials on Vectra's are renowned for leaking water, sounds like it could be the problem.

A mate of mine is a service manager at a Vauxhall dealership, I'll ask his opinion when I see him.

Regards,

A. Dork

3. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check the aerial lead on the back might be close to the REar demister switch cable and might be causing some interference. I have had this problem, but it just cured itself, or it may be due to me pulling the stereo out to check connections were ok and I have inadvertantly sepaated cables, or due to me replacing with a aftermarket headunit.
    Can u go back to the garage and ask them what they did?

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    There is an aerial plug and socket behind the f/n/s kick pannel, check it's tight.