1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vauxhall Omega

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by MarkEmmett, Aug 15, 2003.

1. MarkEmmett

MarkEmmett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody out there know what head unit I can fit to a 2003 Omega at present it has a 2006 in dash 4 disc changer that has steering wheel controls and a dash mounted display that I would like to keep I would like to fit a MP3 type of head unit if possible .Also will 6.5 inch component set fit the front doors with no cutting .

2. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kenwood was the only people that dabbled with display compatible headunits (when i was in the trade, im not anymore though) it will cost you alot of money to get a head unit that will work your display and steering controls. 6.5 inch went in the older omega's cavaliers astras and calibras.. so i can only assume they would fit in yours no probs .. you might have to buy fitting plates for them.. but this you have to do for all vauxhalls which dealers usually charge £20 for

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    www.connects2.co.uk

Vauxhall display drivers

Infinty 605cs fit in Omega doors - but need fitting kit - available at Halfords (for Astra and Vectra)

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Also the cross overs can go into the doors - just be careful.

Rear doors have got room for 6" drivers but don't know where to put tweeters.

There are some spot welded I think covers in the rear parcel shelf which could be used for rear speakers - Carltons had them there - same panel:eek:

The interior side trims aren't too bad to remove - I wired up a tow bar running cables along there.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Oh the display driver is DOPS002 for Sony H/U

6. harryferg

harryferg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    u will need the new driver sdop004 as i have just bought a cdx nc9950 and it wont work with my exsiting driver which is sdop002

7. laurenhind

laurenhind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi my car a vauxhal omega 3.0 l mv6 is doin 15 miles to the gallon is this right? what should this be ?if not wot could be the problem ?

8. Rami Tupper

Rami Tupper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I had answered that question before but apparently its against the rules to answer other forum members technical questions and the post was deleted.

9. lei0606

lei0606

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i was wondering why my vauxhall omega mv6 3 litre is only doing 15 mpg :S ???