Vauxhall Insignia 2011 CDTi query

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hi all

I was wanting to change the welcome/courtesy/puddle lights or whatever the blimming things are called that come on when you open the door for some LED ones.

I’ve checked online and YouTube and can’t for the life of me find any videos on how to change these particular ones. Plenty of videos for other makes of cars and I thought these would be similar but doesn’t look like it.

I have popped them out with a flat head screw driver but can’t seem to disconnect the plastic light housing that has the bulb in it from the black connector which has the wiring attached. Do I just use brute force or is there a technique to it? I’ve had a quick go but it doesn’t seem to want to budge and I fear if I pull it any harder it’ll break.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Saf

Aerojon

@safcalibur just had a quick search and the light looks like the same housing the vx have been using for years with the 2 spade connectors,so the connector should just pull off..I find if it's never been taken off before they can be stuck fast,try careful prising with a flat blade screwdriver

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
@safcalibur just had a quick search and the light looks like the same housing the vx have been using for years with the 2 spade connectors,so the connector should just pull off..I find if it's never been taken off before they can be stuck fast,try careful prising with a flat blade screwdriver
Thanks buddy much appreciated. I don’t they have ever been changed so may have a battle on my hands!! Will take another look tomorrow and try what you suggested about the screwdriver. I was wiggling them around but just wasn’t able to get them loose. Now I know they can pulled apart I’ll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again mate

Best wishes

Saf

gibbo52

I don't know about this car but back in the day some of them didn't come apart and you bought the bulb in the holder as a unit.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
changed over earlier today, was pretty tough going, used a flat head screwdriver to help prise the spade connectors out, thought I was going to break the plastic at one point but all good in the end.

Thanks again @Aerojon

Now to change the interior lights to led ones....

Aerojon

no worries,glad it wasn't to bad to do in the end..

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom