Varying tolerance levels on JVC projectors

scoc

Diddern

Here 2 samples of a N5 all on 106-inch screen 0,8-1 gain. Measured more and about the same.

Both nice, native contrast "nr 1" 34000:1 native contrast "nr 2" 37000:1
Fully closed iris "nr 1" 44000:1 "nr 2" 41000:1
"Nr 1" FL open full 37FL "Nr 2" 40 FL

Uniformity I will say more than nice on both, but this will change some how you have the zoom and iris, and how the projector is set up to the screen. When you have high contrast bright corners will show from "I see it" to "I think I see it" or "I don't see it."
If you measure you see the actual numbers.

Best to test this no zoom or midpoint and open iris, cc lens to cc screen. Then the beam uses a smaller range of the lens. And you will get fewer lens issues because of the curved lens.

I read that some get gamma drop on the N series. I have followed 6 units both now over 250 hours and still the gamma curve more or less straight. Also my NX9 no gamma drop like older models.
But I'm sure that some have got some, but not my observations yet.

Here will be many observations according to many parameters like I wrote earlier.

These are typical values, some may be higher and some may be lower.

There are so many ways to test projectors and in so many different environments. It also depends on how the tests are made as the results will depend on those circumstances.

Also with all projectors, as the lamp gets older the brightness will drop also the optics will age over time.

So I guess the wanted answer on this never will be put on paper.
Some are very critical and some accept what they get if it looks good.

Stridsvognen

Here 2 samples of a N5 all on 106-inch screen 0,8-1 gain. Measured more and about the same.

Both nice, native contrast "nr 1" 34000:1 native contrast "nr 2" 37000:1
Fully closed iris "nr 1" 44000:1 "nr 2" 41000:1
"Nr 1" FL open full 37FL "Nr 2" 40 FL
Thats some nice start points there, how was the contrast uniformity/ what was the lowes measured contrast in the corners?

Diddern

Contrast uniformity was okay on both.
A drop of 8000:1 in some corners. Up to 13000:1 difference based on lens shift.
Some more drop if you used shift down. could be up to 1/3 after looking at my notes then on contrast drop. compared to CC.

Top Bottom