Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

varying quality on same models of Lcd

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by sponshagga, Jan 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just swapped over my LG 23" lcd tv because the sound was bad - it seemed as if the speaker hadn't been screwed in properly. To my surprise the picture on the new one is noticably better. I can't really understand how this can be - its not the settings as I adjust them myself. The picture on the previous one was more raw and grainy. Anyone found models of the same make vary?

2. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this can happen, definetly, but taking into the equation the fact that a screw was loose in the older one, god knows what else might have been loose and jiggin` around inside. Other factors to look at are cables and/or connections.

3. Ice

Ice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sponshagga,

I think you may be right - I have an LG RZ-15LA31 and it seems to be suffering from LCD light bleeding. Thinking that other screens may be affected, I've been around some shops to see if I can see a difference. So far, I think it must be my own LCD TV.

Incidently, did you have much trouble from your retailer when you asked for your replacement LG 23" LCD? Did you have to wait for a few days/weeks, or did they do a swap from stock? I'd be interested to know.

Cheers,
    Ice :cool:

4. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Swap from stock. It was Bennetts, only thing is they don't do price match on anywhere beyond 25 miles of the store but i paid Barclaycard and will do their price promise. Mind you I'd only had it 5 days - don't know if they'd do it after a month or so

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just remember Lucky Goldstar, hmmm i recognise that second name from somewhere.....

6. bigb

bigb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    My 15inch LG lcd went on the blink after 6 weeks. LG said they would pick it up and to expect a 5-7 day turnaround. It took them 2 weeks to pick it up. 8 weeks later and it was still not back. I gather their service division has a severe backlog of repairs. Sent a recorded delivery to them and QED (who I bought it from)rejecting lcd as it wasn't back within reasonable time. Heard nothing from LG so phoned up QED who were great and refunded my money. I will not touch LG again so invested another £90 and now have a fantastic Sharp lcd

7. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't Phillips and LG the same company?

8. bigb

bigb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I gather they use the same screen but Phillips uses better quality inner parts

9. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what I've heard on this forum about philips it's some achievment to find worse quality parts!

And I was quite happy with my LG....and will continue to be as long as it continues to function!