Various Sky+ issues

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Che Grimandi, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Che Grimandi

Che Grimandi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've got a standard Sky+ box within its 12 month warranty.
    I had that disk space issue (where is shows there being much less space than there really is) but I sorted that myself.

Now I've found that loads of recordings are failing and on the recordings that are successful they freeze on playback. I have to go to the "viewer defined" option and resume playback from a couple of minutes after the freezing. This is extremely annoying and it happens about 10/15 times per program.

What do I do? Will Sky replace the box?

Secondly, I'm moving house in a couple of months and the developer should be putting in two sky feeds for the lounge. Will I be able to just hook it up to these new feeds with my orignal viewing card for it to work or will I have to get sky to come out and charge me an extertionate fee to do it for me?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Call Sky - they will know it's still under warranty, and send an engineer out with a replacement box.

You can connect the Sky box in your new place yourself, no engineer needed (assuming that there will be a dish at the end of the feeds !), but you should tell Sky about your change of address.