Vario II Issue - help please

S

Soxfest

Hello all. I recently got a Vario II having decided the T-Mobile data package made it the best Tytn/Hermes variant. As decent as it is, I have only managed to get the camera to work for a short time. It didn't work initially, then did work after I stopped all running programs. Now it doesn't work at all, and on testing the front-facing camera by video call, it seems that one doesn't work either. I've checked the settings - it isn't that the front cam is turned off - so I have no idea why neither camera works but I am sure it's not the hardware.

It also has problems playing video files, in particular an MP4 file bluetoothed to my phone, tho it will play some video files (again, after clearing the running programs). I should point out that there is plenty of program and storage memory left.

Any help much appreciated.

Sox

Ja50nKay

I would hard reset the beast if you are sure its not hardware....if that doesnt solve it, then it most certainly is a hardware issue with the device or (much less likely) a corrupt rom. off the top of my head no update has been released by t-mobile, so flashing isnt an option unless you want to go down the unoffical rom route...

S

Soxfest

Many thanks Jason, will keep those points handy. Strangely, it started working Saturday afternoon, for no apparent reason. Just gotta get it running MP4 now. My girlfriend got the same phone, same provider, not had a single problem with it.

Sox

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom