Question Varilight remote switch burnt

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bp2411, Mar 30, 2017.

1. bp2411

bp2411

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hello everyone, a couple of years back I put varilight light switches and plugs in through my whole house, in my living / dining room (open plan downstairs) I put a remote dimmer, in my living room I have 5 x 5w Led bulbs and in my dining room I have 3 x 40w vintage style bulbs and I didn't have a problem until Saturday when a bulb in my dining room popped, I swapped it for a spare I had and about an hour later I smelt a smell that smelt medical in nature (strange explanation I know but it was like TCP / Sudocrem etc). When I went to turn my lights off the dining room wouldn't turn off and the switch was very hot, I killed the power and took the switch off and found the switch on the dining room side had melted, I contacted varilight to ask what could cause this but they couldn't answer and sent me a new switch free (amazing customer service they didn't even ask for proof of purchase!) but I don't want to put it in and have the same thing happen again. Any ideas why this happened?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017