Variations In picture quality.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stretlow, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Stretlow

Stretlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I have been messing with my picture settings for months and months now and on saturday I was sure i'd cracked it, I watched Sin City and Star Wars and the picture looked stunning however last night whilst watching Sky one the picture looked graney and horrible.

Is there any reason why it would change?

I have a Samsung LE32R74BDX

2. paulcw

paulcw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you sure what you were watching on Sky One was actually broadcast in HD.

Even if it was quality can vary quite a bit, Sin City is a belter in HD so comparing anything to it is going to look inferior

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

First as paulcw says were you watching native HD on SKY1HD or just an upscaled programme and second HD doesn't mean that production choices and economic realities do not play their part in how the final product looks.
    HD can be produced film or HD video and both give a certain look to the final product and that is one factor why even on the movie channels two movies back to back may give very different results even more so than a movie and tv show.

4. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    agreed take war of the worlds for instance sd it looks grainy as hell was really looking forward to it in hd and low and behold it was the same it must of been filmed that way but when you get a winner its all worth it ie king kong and deffo sin city.

5. Stretlow

Stretlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Sorry that wasnt very clear of me, yes the sky one hd stuff was in hd was around tea time, think it would have been malcom in the middle or stargate:oops:

6. 499520

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I actually think the screens are of such good quality its far easier to identify the difference in quality of the original material.

We then blame the screens for this loss of quality.