Vapor Trails

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Ron240, May 7, 2002.

1. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    At last,the long awaited new studio album from that excellent Canadian trio is due out next Monday. I will be RUSHing out to get it. Well actually that's not strictly true,i will be sitting here and clicking my mouse a few times. :D

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,544
    I'll be trotting along to HMV. :D

Been waiting along time for this, the hiatus was due mainly to the tragic and untimely deaths of drummer (worlds greatest IMO) Neil Pearts wife of cancer and daughter in a road accident.
    From clips I've heard it promisses to be good and heavy.

They already have an American and Canadian tour sorted for the summer, I just hope they make it back over here one last time, saw them last on the "Show of Hands" Tour and previous to that the "Hold Your Fire" tour and previous to that "The Signals" Tour all the way back in 82 I think it was, god that makes me feel old..

For all those who have never heard of Rush then give em a listen to I promiss you'll not be dissapointed.

Si

3. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    Yes,certainly was a double tragedy for Neil in such a short space of time,i dont know how he found the strength to carry on. On a lighter note,ive seen them twice myself.Once on the Hold Your Fire tour and again on the Roll The Bones tour. A truly great band that have stood the test of time.

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Might give this a listen when it appears.
    Haven't listened to much Rush for a while.

Saw them about ten years ago when they had Primus as support act - what a gig that was :D

5. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    Yes i seen this one too and very likely in the same place as you,the SECC.Thats where i have seen them twice but i cant remember on which tour it was that Primus were supporting.I know it was the one where they had the individual seats laid out on the floor cause the other gig was all standing and i dont think there was a support act.I remember this one cause i was down the front close to the stage and when Rush came on and launched into The Big Money the crowd went wild.I was moving from side to side with my feet off the ground. :D

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,544
    Ron240 I agree it must take some strength of character to come out of something like that.

There are a couple of solo albums by Alex and Geddy respectfully that may be of interest to some.

Alex's album is called Victor and is based around W H Auden's poem of the same name, Alex is also responsible for the opening title music to Andromeda of all things.

Geddy's album that came out last year is called My Favorite Headache.

Si

7. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Small world m8. That's the gig I was at. Sorry to all the Rush fans, but I thought Primus blow them away that night.

I got my tickets the day they went up for sale and I was on the third row, dead centre. Had a great laugh at Primus front man Les Claypool singing into a rubber fish :D

8. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Primus are a truly great band. I recall getting on stage with them when the played a monumentally great show supporting Jane's Addiction at Brixton Academy.

That was in the days when I used to drink beer, which I apologise for now. But still do.