1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vantage hd or vp30?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kirit3010, Oct 7, 2005.

1. kirit3010

kirit3010
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Which is the best to go for i have a sim2 evo and pioneer 503mxe at the moment i am using htpc for dvd and games
    freeview box and a sat box which has rgb out.

Do i go for the vp30 for its upgrade ability or the v-hd for the HQV?

Your opinions greatly appreciated. :)

2. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +824
    I would wait a bit. Neither processor is available yet, and I would want to get some meaningful feedback on both first. This forum or AVS are probably the best places, not the press. I'm actually inclined to go for the Vantage, but it's not an automatic decision. We don't know what Anchor Bay Technologies have up their sleeve, but it is bound to be more than competitive.

I wouldn't discount the Lumagen VisionHDP either. That has multiple SD and HD capable analogue and digital inputs just like the vp30 has finally got. The lumagen will also get inverse telecine de-interlacing for HD sources with a forthcoming firmware upgrade. Although it probaly won't be as good as the Vantage-HD for video sources (need the RadianceXT for that) it will still be top value for money.

Nick