Vanquish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't now if this is for 360 or ps3 or future consoles

PlatinumGames finally announced Shinji Mikami's new project, named Vanquish. Nothing much is known so far, but here is the first teaser trailer. The hero looks a bit like a mix between Iron Man and Halo's armor design, but this is a project worth keeping a close look at.

Stream - Gamersyde

Saw that trailer over the weekend, looked like a cool mix of live action footage and game world.

I like:)

Not much else to say apart from that:D

Played the demo yesterday on the PS3. Quite enjoyed it and it's frantic pace. Like a futuristic gears of war on crack.

Demo wasn't too bad. Bit too fast tho, prefer the more slower paced Gears Of War. Also hope all the enemies in the game aren't all mech type or will get a bit boring. Probaly worth a play down the road but not a release day essential for me

Played the demo and enjoyed it.
Pretty impressive game engine which is throwing a lot graphics around at an impressive speed.
Reminds me of Lost Planet (one not two) although much quicker.

Dont know if there is an muliplayer.
Maybe pick up after its been out for a while.

Just played the demo, took me 27 minutes and 2 deaths to finish it!

Loved that boss, found out a quick tactic to kill him after the first death ;)

Wow though! like Lost planet crossed with gears on speed, bloody brilliant!!

Quite liked the demo but if its anything like Bayonetta, by Act 4 all the bosses will have 12 health bars to destroy and they'll transform 5 times :nono:

Will get it when its cheap.

I think it is made by the same people so you may well be right about the bosses.
Still very impressed by the speed and detail of the graphics.

wasn't that impressed, maybe it was just the demo and hopefully the full game will be better but it seemed a bit wayward, especially the buttons, most of the time i kept pressing A to go into cover rather than X as im more used to X being for reload, wish we could just have a mapping system on all games to have buttons how we want them instead of having the layout decided for us.

melee was rubbish too, couldn't get near anyone as i was dead by 2 hits from a cyborg soldier before i could even hit it.

grenade range was weird too, aimed the cursor at the walker droid and it threw it over it so i had to aim below to get near it.

reminded me of Dark Void but not as good, hopefully the full game will alter my opinion.

Last edited:
I've just had a go and really enjoyed it, but I ran out of ammo at the robot boss and couldn't work out how to get anymore (I'd scavanged all the crates), so I gave up! Any tips?

I used the turret guns.
They can get destroyed but if you carefully balance your play between both of the them then that should help you alot.

:thumbsup:

Quite liked the demo but if its anything like Bayonetta, by Act 4 all the bosses will have 12 health bars to destroy and they'll transform 5 times :nono:

Will get it when its cheap.

You've just put me off :p

Enjoyed the demo and the boss fight, 1 transformation is enough for a boss battle for me, any more and I get bored of endlessly fighting the same guy.

MEH

fast and furious gameplay, good cover system but for me there was something missing, though it had some great ideas. Also weaponry sucked...all weapons feel the same which just isnt right

Possibly its just a style thing,....not a fan of that Jap animation styling tbh and just put me off a fair bit

reminded me of Dark Void but not as good, hopefully the full game will alter my opinion.

That is extremely harsh, the demo was no where near the level of crapness of Dark Void. DV is possibly the worst game I have ever had the mispleasure of playing of any console generation

Metro today has Tesco advert with this and Fallout:NV @ £37.30 each

FNV comes with 800 MS Points and Vanquish comes with free copy of Alpha Protocol

EDIT: Standard editions btw as i notice Vanquish has a steelbook available too

Last edited:
This and Fallout:New Vegas are ending my game drought. I've got some paypal credit, so I'm paying £20 for this, which is what I'd expect to pay in 2-3 months for it. Enslaved is another demo I enjoyed, but definitely a bargain bin job, especially at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom