Vanquish Movie Review & Comments

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
Is it possible to score less than 1 out of 10?

Can we use 0.1 increments in this instance?

I looked it up on IMDB and it's made $144,881 gross worldwide, that's impressive! Alas, the site seems to have had an overhaul and I couldn't find the cost of actually making this film. I imagine most of the budget probably went on Morgan's fee anyway.

I also checked out the crew stats and it's a long list, including cameras, editor, lighting, costumes, stunts, make up, sound and even a special effects coordinator. Do all these people know they're involved in sh*t, but just take the money as they have bills to pay and mouths to feed?

Anyway, thanks Cas for taking one for the team! Get well soon!:)

Garrett

I looked it up on IMDB and it's made $144,881 gross worldwide, that's impressive! Alas, the site seems to have had an overhaul
Thank goodness for that I thought I got some virus on the site it that flaming awful now.

Nice earner for someone to make the site look more glossy and make getting info less easy.

Aggrajag

Blimey Cas, did she stand you up on a date once? :D

[edit: Just had a laugh reading the IMDB reviews, it looks like she stood many people up!]

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thank you Cas! Those comments were as sharp as the swords in the new Mortal Combat movie (Disclaimer - I only watched that 10 minute start trailer - that was enough).
And, as I have said before, thank you Movie Studios for making movies (small "m") that are really, really bad so that you & Tom can write these hilarious gems of Reviews!
Right, I'm off to read it again, it was so funny! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::rotfl::rotfl:

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Yeah. That Ruby Rose is pretty terrible in everything apart from John Wick where she had no lines.
I thought her breathing was wooden & unconvincing in John Wick.

Tolq

Distinguished Member
This would have been a must-watch film for our bad movie Fridays - if it didn't have Ruby Rose in. I just can't bring myself to watch it/her...

groucho marx

it was just barely watchable, morgan freeman probably shot all his scenes in less than 2 days and got outta there as fast as he could,she is very wooden and emotionless,its watchable,JUST

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Yeah it sucks.

Much like this movie!
I just nipped over to IMDB to see their new format.

Still, I found it more convincing than Ruby Rose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 39001

The only thing this film did was inspire me to change my ringtone.......

Snake79

Fantastic review, the movie may be 1/10 but I'd give your review 10/10, absolutely savage.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Maybe a health warning as opposed to a score would have been more apt?

Be truthful, were you being overly generous when you gave it a 1??????

FevreDream

1?! Ouch! 😁

NyarlaThoTep

Distinguished Member
"...contender for one of the worst theatrically released movies of the past decade, yet another achingly painful example of why Ruby Rose is way out of her depth as a lead in anything other than a fight-to-the-death tournament for celebrities with jewel-themed names."

So maybe a rental rather than a purchase then? 🧐

Pretty sure Ruby Rose only got film work because of her looks, and sorry to say, her loudly announced on-trend 'almost gender fluidity' (apparently she 'almost' decided she was male 🤣) - which sounds totally made up by some marketing dept to me.

NyarlaThoTep

Distinguished Member
The only thing this film did was inspire me to change my ringtone.......
Be honest, you've changed it to one of Ruby Roses' songs haven't you?
46BBE10000000578-5139347-image-a-17_1512233375763.jpg

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Thank goodness for that I thought I got some virus on the site it that flaming awful now.

Nice earner for someone to make the site look more glossy and make getting info less easy.
Oh, sweet baby Jesus, that is a truly an atrocious revamp. The top half looks fine and I was thinking what's wrong with this, then I scrolled down and nearly vomited.

D

Deleted member 39001

Be honest, you've changed it to one of Ruby Roses' songs haven't you?
View attachment 1519471

I'm sure her singing is as talented as her acting... 🤣

Judging by this film it seems Freeman is following down the same hole as Willis.. I guess they don't want to retire, but also can't be bothered to act anymore?

encaser

You let Crust (the untouchable reviewer that never engages any posts) have Animal House and you this, @Casimir Harlow ? I nearly fell backwards at the sight off my ladder.
Morgan Freeman (like his friend in Caine) hasn't been in anything of worth for years and choosing Ruby Rose (Reusable Rubbish) couldn't be a worse choice. She really is deaf to her chosen craft.
Not even worth a sigh.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

dCS announces Bartók 2.0 firmware upgrade
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Audiovector unveils QR 7 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification