Vance Miller kitchen spam - WARNING -do not buy from these people

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We were spammed today by someone from Indonesia, advertising a company called Kitchen Units Leicester with the phone number 01616-694785.
Now I sometimes phone UK companies who have spammed us because they are usually not aware that the £££ they are spending with a disreputable SEO company is being spent hiring peasants in poor countries (like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia) for peanuts to post links on lots of forums and who care not about websites' T&Cs and rules about spam.

So I phoned the number in the spam 01616-694785. At first the number was engaged. Odd. So I phoned again. Number 4 in the queue. I waited patiently and then asked to speak to a manager. I was then on hold for 10 minutes before I hung up. I rang again to ask why I had been put on hold for 10 minutes. Engaged again. Then number 6 in the queue.
While on hold I did some Googling. What I found made me hang up and post this thread.

First of all 0161 I recall is a Manchester number.
Quick check. Yes it is. Not Leicester.

Then I did a search for the number online and found lots of results. Most were spam on other forums which has been deleted.

St. Albans?

I also got some results from customers discussing the company:
New Kitchen Rip-off - Page 2 - Consumer Forum
Search complaints

Seems that Kitchen Units are Kitchen Uber, Just Kitchen and Simply Kitchens, and are run by Martin Sersen / Vance Miller.

A search on Martin Sersen brought up
Kitchensuber - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

And a search on Vance Miller brought up
Vance Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I decided that nobody at the company would care a hoot that spammers were giving them a bad name since they already have one.

So I have banned the spammer and sent his details to our anti-spam service. If they spam us again, I'll censor the domain.

Meanwhile, hopefully this thread will make it up Google's search results for Kitchen Units so people know to take care before parting with their hard earned cash.

Update : We have since experienced more spam attempts for this company. The spam never makes it to public view and the spammers are blacklisted.

Update : We have since experienced more spam attempts for this company. The spam never makes it to public view and the spammers are blacklisted.

Thanks for the update Stuart - I detest companies like these praying on people offering them deals and then ripping them off.

We too get SPAM on our forum, this being just one of them I got today. We have found that blocking email addresses is a waste of time, blocking IP addresses does work, for a period of time, but the way I like the best, we edit their message via forum filters.

Thus the SPAM posting today looks like this:

SPAMcrap Units London. 12 SPAMcrap units plus oven set for only £595. s01id w0odSPAMcrap.co.uk. Best value SPAMcrap units in London. Tel 01234-67890. SPAMcrap Units London

They get 0 benefit from the posting and readers get a laugh. And of course it gets deleted and the poster blocked once seen by an admin or mod.

hth

Last edited:
Mr Miller has a very long, and poor reputation in the NW I'm afraid

Had more spam attempts since my original post here.
Today, two attempts from Indonesia. One kitchensforsale1 .co.uk and the other used-kitchens .co.uk and solidwoodkitchen .co.uk.

Our anti-spam system stopped the messages before they got posted, but it's more from the same dodgy seo company representing the same dodgy kitchen company/companies.

Both the used-kitchens and kitchensforsale1 domains are registered to
Domain name:
kitchensforsale1 .co.uk

Registrant:
Laura Digweed

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Doing a web search for Laura Digweed brings up some interesting information:
Laura Digweed at Website Informer and
01254457964 - who calls me from 01254457964?
led me to
Domain Dossier - Investigate domains and IP addresses, get owner and registrar information, see whois and DNS records
giving
Registrant Company: Laura Digweed
Registrant Address: 9 Heald Close
Registrant Address: Manchester
Registrant Address: Lancs
Registrant Address: OL12 7HJ
Registrant Address: GB
and
http://centralops.net/co/DomainDoss...e&dom_dns=true&traceroute=true&net_whois=true
Domain name:
blackkitchens.co.uk

Registrant:
Laura Digweed

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
41 Duke Avenue
Manchester
Lancs
OL12 7HJ
United Kingdom
Boh of these addresses are dodgy as there is no Heald Close in Manchester. It's Rochdale. and the correct address for 41 Duke Street, Manchester is
41 Duke Street
Denton
MANCHESTER
M34 2AN
It's looking like this Laura Digweed is fictitious.

Discussions on other forums about this Oldham Kitchen Company and their spam:
UK Melanoma Patients Forum • View topic - Kitchen Spammers:SolidWoodKitchens and The Kitchen Gangster
Scottish Amateur Football Forum • View topic - Kitchens gateshead, Cheap Kitchens gateshead
Kitchen Planner Nottingham - Nottingham - FOR SALE - Nottstalgia Nottingham Forums
YAMAHA XJR OWNERS CLUB • View topic - Solid Wood Kitchens Spammer
www.middle-age-shred.com • View topic - Cheap I'm a ****** and SPAM (bad language all over the place in this one, but it) has a useful link to
BBC - Watchdog - Rogue Traders

Dealselecta forum gets about 3 spam hits from this company every day. They've started mixing numbers up to make it look un-related. I'll post some up when Dealselecta is back online and getting hit

Dealselecta forum gets about 3 spam hits from this company every day. They've started mixing numbers up to make it look un-related. I'll post some up when Dealselecta is back online and getting hit

They need to put some good anti-spam measures in place. We don't have hardly any spam posted any more.

Why do you mention St.Albans in the middle of the original post?

We've been getting the same spam every morning. Usually when we've played around with the Human Verification options. They get deleted rather quickly, so why do they persist?

Vance Miller has quite a reputation too, as has already been said. There was a Watchdog program about him a couple of years ago. (At least I think it was Watchdog).

https://www.facebook.com/vance.miller.731
Martin Sercen/Vance Miller / Maple Mill Industries. DONOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANY OF THESE F A K E RS
ALL VANCE MILLERS/MARTIN SERCEN CRAPOLA KITCHENS
1 kitchens uber
2. Rossendale interior designs -
3. Lancashire Interior Designs -
4 Kitchens Now -
5 Simply Kitchens / kitchens simply
6 The Kitchen Factory Outlet
7. Vance Miller Kitchens /Kitchen Dreams
8 Kitchens 4 Less
9. kitchens direct,
10.maple kitchens,
11. wow kitchens,
13, rock solid kitchens,
14. reallycheapkitchens.co.uk/ kitchen factory
15. Solid Wood Kitchens.
16. REALLY CHEAP KITCHENS
17.' kitchenunits ' in scotland
18. Affordable kitchens
19 Interior home designs of rossendale
http://reallycheapkitchens.co.uk/
reallycheapkitchens.co.uk

Their tactic is to get sites ranking for keywords by spamming the crap out of forums, I see 10-20 posts each week through my alerts (Screwfix get hit hard). The worst part is that these sites rank really high for a while through the exact match domains. It's very frustrating and having to fill in numerous webspam reports to Google is painful as you can only write 300 characters!

A link here in case you need it. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreportform?hl=en

Sites
kitcheninuk.com
ex-displaykitchen.com/
kitchens-sale.com
kitchenunitsdoors.co.uk
kitchenscream.com
kitchendesignsouthampton.co.uk
fittedkitchen-1.co.uk/
designingkitchens1.co.uk/
kitchensdevon1.co.uk/
kitchenanglesey1.co.uk/
buykitchens1.co.uk/
kitchensuk-1.co.uk/
oakkitchens1.co.uk/
kitchencompanies.net/
flatpackkitchenunits.co.uk/
kitchenprices1.co.uk/
bargainkitchens1.co.uk/
completekitchens-completekitchens.co.uk/
ukkitchenunits.co.uk/
kitchensonabudget.co.uk/
ukdiscountkitchens.co.uk/
kitchenstyles1.co.uk/
kitchensdesigning.co.uk/
designing-a-kitchen.co.uk/
flatpackkitchenunits.co.uk/
usedkitchencabinets.co.uk/
kitchencabinetssale1.co.uk/
ukkitchensale.co.uk/*(Gone)
kitchen-cabinets.org.uk/*
kitchen-unit.co.uk/*
************************/*
kitchensdirectuk.co.uk/
cheapkitchenunits1.co.uk/

Have blocked all those sites on here. We continue to get spam for the same group of kitchen websites from the likes of India and Indonesia. Going to be applying more aggressive anti-spam measures next month.

We continue to have attempts to spam Vance Miller kitchens. We've even had the spammers use his name in the thread titles. Defending his reputation.
That's why I'm adding his name to this thread title.
Vance Miller - chronic spammer of forums.

I don't suppose Kitchen Design Lancashire is one of his by any chance? Single post by new member on GC

Might be too easy to join and start a thread straight away. I've seen some forums ask you introduce yourself first in the new members section.

Don't know how practical it would be though. Anything to slow them down and make it more work!

I don't suppose Kitchen Design Lancashire is one of his by any chance? Single post by new member on GC
Spam and decimated. Please report any further examples so we can junk them. Unusual to have kitchen spam from the UK. It's usually from India, Indonesia or Pakistan.
Might be too easy to join and start a thread straight away. I've seen some forums ask you introduce yourself first in the new members section.

Don't know how practical it would be though. Anything to slow them down and make it more work!
We have various methods of stopping the spam before you see it. There are several posts every day which are dealt with behind the scenes. Very unusual for any to get through. And then it's swiftly removed.

I killed one account today within thirty seconds of it posting. Very satisfying :)

They've been spamming a fishing forum I visit and one of their staff/friends posted this after Vance Miller was given a right going over
View topic - Vance Miller | Total Fishing

Put your hands up if you love Vance Miller.

Last edited:
Ive just bought a kitchen from Magnet. Maybe I should have give this Vance bloke a chance to quote :D

It was a link to the spam on the Billion forums, and a list of domains known to be owned by Vance ;) (noticed the post has been deleted, so no worries)

2011 called, want's it SEO strategies back.

Link building, especially of this variety is next to worthless in G' algo, and can get them deindexed.

This shit hasn't been viable seriously for over two years unless you're running churn and burn throw away sites for events.

Pointless, crap, clogging up the net.

Probably bots, sometimes human, but often bots with IP spinning and reasonably sophisticated CAPTUA solutions.

We now use picture based CAPTUA which has killed it dead.

I am sure the was a documentary on this dirt bag a few years ago, not Watch Dog, it was like an 1hr thing about dodgy traders, didn't he even go to jail for not paying a fine?

The best thing about SPAM is ignoring it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom