Van parked in bad position

lee1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know anyone can park where like in the road. Thankfully most houses in our road are off the road as have drives so not going to block windows/light etc.
The guy is son or son inlaw across road and now has to 2 vans, and leaves this tall lwb Mercedes van parked opposite us and it just fits to not block their drive and the court other side.
My issue with is position of van is blocking an already poor view for people coming out of court and many still reverse out when its worse idea ever. Then we will have the refuse/recycling trucks need to reverse up court also. Yesterday it was parked further up road in a better position but moved it back today!

I guess short of having a word not a lot can do about, as its not like proper T-junction near its a court off a road no lines etc, doubt Police would be bothered at all. As see a lot of parking near junctions on corners more than ever now when meant to be so far back for visibility etc.

A similar thing happened at our previous location, where a van was consistently parked right on a T-junction, blocking visibility for exiting.
I know you shouldn't pre-judge people, but I really wasn't inclined to even have a word with the owner of the van. I just didn't think he'd take it well.

I know anyone can park where like in the road.
o_O
I guess short of having a word not a lot can do about, as its not like proper T-junction near its a court off a road no lines etc, doubt Police would be bothered at all.
Public road?

As a pedestrian and former wheelchair pusher, vehicle owners who park at the corner go here.

Have a polite conversation , you never know ….

A similar thing happened at our previous location, where a van was consistently parked right on a T-junction, blocking visibility for exiting.
I know you shouldn't pre-judge people, but I really wasn't inclined to even have a word with the owner of the van. I just didn't think he'd take it well.
Yeah, i have spoken to him briefly before not about this, but way was imagine would tell me where to go. I imagine wants where is outside the families house so it can be seen as has tools and sons small mx bike in it some times.
As i understand it where they live no garage etc or space to clean bike and that.
I can imagine even more that before someone is gona have prang pulling out of court near to van!

o_O

Public road?

As a pedestrian and former wheelchair pusher, vehicle owners who park at the corner go here.
It is a public road but its not wide enough to get by if one car parked up like and there a lots of small courts coming off it. Generally down our road peeps park opposite each other and there is no chance a large fire engine etc would get through.
Annoying thing to is generally could park further up road staggered but no to save walking a bit further!

Generally down our road peeps park opposite each other and there is no chance a large fire engine etc would get through.
I would get the number of the fire station and have a word with them about it. Sure they offer free domestic fire safety checks, so could combine it with that?

They regularly drive round parking/traffic hot-spots for photo opportunities:- "It could cost lives if we encounter parking like this on a shout."
Just get them to include it on their route.

If said vehicle is blocking access (either road or Pavement) just speak to the police. You may need to Badger them a few times

I guess its not blocking road or access its just just blocking view on corner of court really. Can see others annoyed when pulling out its harder to see than it was as we are like on bottom of a 'U', so hard to see if something coming at best of time on bend.
On both side/back doors there are like additional locks for theft but saw other day doesn't use or have key for, so suspect is worried about theft though don't see what the elderly parents/inlaws would do!

Its still being parked in same place generally apart from when got to Mx bike meets on weekend usually. Its not like its a work van used daily either its there a lot.
Have even seen the parents/inlaws struggle more so to back out on to road than usual as van blocks view more so!
I queried it with council but not their area as not like parking bays etc.
What also gets me is have seen him pull away in van on mobile and in other cars that come a few times on phone!!!
I know options really are to speak to him or parents/inlaws or report to Police and see what they think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom