Van insurance claim

leo79

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Long story short.

An employee had the pleasure of a taxi swiping into the side of him this morning. No major damage, looks to be just cosmetic, no injured parties.
Details swapped, taxi driver admitted liability and asked to settle with cash if possible.
I said I'll get a quote by the end of the week and give him a call but if the vans going to be off the road for any amount of time then it might end up being costly as we'll need a hire van.

Anyway, he's obviously changed his mind as I've just had this text off his insurance company:
"We are sorry to learn that you have been involved in an incident, and confirm that our policyholder has accepted liability. We are willing to deal with your whole claim directly and at no cost to you. Utilising our services ensures that you do not have to pay an excess, you will not lose your no-claims bonus and there is no affect to your own policy. Please visit....."

I'll give them a call in the morning but is that implying that they will sort out the claim but I need to keep it hush from my insurance company? Or am I over thinking it?

Thanks

Long story short.

An employee had the pleasure of a taxi swiping into the side of him this morning. No major damage, looks to be just cosmetic, no injured parties.
Details swapped, taxi driver admitted liability and asked to settle with cash if possible.
I said I'll get a quote by the end of the week and give him a call but if the vans going to be off the road for any amount of time then it might end up being costly as we'll need a hire van.

Anyway, he's obviously changed his mind as I've just had this text off his insurance company:
"We are sorry to learn that you have been involved in an incident, and confirm that our policyholder has accepted liability. We are willing to deal with your whole claim directly and at no cost to you. Utilising our services ensures that you do not have to pay an excess, you will not lose your no-claims bonus and there is no affect to your own policy. Please visit....."

I'll give them a call in the morning but is that implying that they will sort out the claim but I need to keep it hush from my insurance company? Or am I over thinking it?

Thanks

Had something recent from the council contractors collecting rubbish and it was all handled without bothering my insurance company and handled so well I would have left a tip if I could have done.

That's all I need to hear :thumbsup:.
I hate sorting anything out to do with work vans so if it sounds legit, I'll just go along with it.

Long story short.

Thanks
The other insurance company will fix your van and you do not have to get your insurance involved, however at renewal time you will have to let them know you were involved in a no fault accident.

That's all I need to hear :thumbsup:.
I hate sorting anything out to do with work vans so if it sounds legit, I'll just go along with it.
Totally legit. They (the insurer of the driver at fault) want to control the costs of the claim by doing it properly themselves, hence stopping any overcharging or dubious companies getting involved.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom