Van Hire Recommendations

airline1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm moving at the beginning of January and will be needing a 4M Sprinter size van. The journey will be from Basingstoke (Hamps) to Wigan (Lancs).

I'm looking for a company who can (preferably) deliver and collect from my address and offers unlimited mileage.

I have found 'A1 national van hire' who deliver to Basingstoke and collect from Wigan for £397.

Never done a one-way rental before, does this seem about right?

Any other companies you could recommend?

Cheers
Dave

That seems like a lot of money, I've rented vans from europcar before, I don't know if they do one way but they've all been unlimited mileage,

Edit, just had a look, they deliver and offer return to a different depot,IIRC they charge £10 to deliver it so they may collect for the same, you'd need to ask

Last edited:
Cheers wack,

Spookily enough I have just been checking their website.
They will do a one-way on a Luton for £250 for 2 days. Will give them a bell tomorrow and see if they can deliver and collect.

The other company appear to load a huge premium for a one-way in comparison.

Cheers

Please under no circumstances hire A1 National Van Hire and if you have cancel them!

Google them and you will find so many complaints about this company. I had an awful experience with them.

They charged me twice for van hire AND the deposit. Lied about refunding me. Constantly fobbed me off and I had to claim the money back via my credit card company.

This company sub-contract from other vehicle hire companies, they aren't their vehicles, the van I had was hired from Hertz by them.

Do not hire them! There are plenty of other alternative reputable companies but always do your research into them before booking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easyvan...I'm sure you can drop off to any depot across the country.

All done and dusted now thanks.
Used Europcar as suggested by wack. Sprinter sized van delivered to old address and collected from new address. £220 unlimited mileage and zero excess insurance for 2 days. Really good service.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom