van helsing

S

shoalin kid

was looking to watching this one ,saw it on thursday and am sat there thinking i should be enjoying this but was nt really .dont get me wrong it was alright but seemed a bit rushed and not thought out changed the storys to fit new ideas they had.not as good as the mummy

I really want to see this movie:smashin:

man one thing though ..............................kate beckinsale looking goooooddd

watched this yesterday.

Utter load of CACK!

it was torture having to sit through the whole movie (couldn't leave since was there with mates)

the acting was horrible... I mean the acting was so bad I thought that they were doing it on purpose to make it look more like a big budget 'B' movie....

whoever played Dracula in that movie should be banned for the corniest most cliched lines ever (not to mention can't act)

whoever played his wives should also be banned for reasons above...

Hugh Jackman couldn't really pull much off since most of the movie revolved around special effects, though decent effects in some parts , still seen it all before so a big yawn factor there

story line was poor to say the least (if you can even see one exist) .....

I can't believe Hugh Jackman signed up for such :spam:

It looks like the style League of Extraordinary Gentlemen which crossed the line between fantasy and ridiculous which takes some doing.

Originally posted by shoalin kid
def not off the hizzle for shizzle my nizzle

What u sizzle ma nizzle...Movie aint off tha hizzle..
I'l give it tha benefit of tha doubt...Chuuuuuuuch

Originally posted by backtothefuture
watched this yesterday.

Utter load of CACK!

it was torture having to sit through the whole movie (couldn't leave since was there with mates)

the acting was horrible... I mean the acting was so bad I thought that they were doing it on purpose to make it look more like a big budget 'B' movie....

whoever played Dracula in that movie should be banned for the corniest most cliched lines ever (not to mention can't act)

whoever played his wives should also be banned for reasons above...

Hugh Jackman couldn't really pull much off since most of the movie revolved around special effects, though decent effects in some parts , still seen it all before so a big yawn factor there

story line was poor to say the least (if you can even see one exist) .....

I can't believe Hugh Jackman signed up for such :spam:

Maybe i won't now

do youself a favour, your 132 mins are better spent watching terrestial tv!

I saw a clip of this on tv, and the actor playing Dracula sounded as though he had been voice coached by the Count from Sesame Street.

I know it's not supposed to be a serious film, but how can any director find that type of performance acceptable.

A kid playing a part in a school play would do a better job.

Originally posted by tha-dizzle
What u sizzle ma nizzle...Movie aint off tha hizzle..
I'l give it tha benefit of tha doubt...Chuuuuuuuch
christ snoop dogg is a member of this forum :rotfl:

Dracula in this film was played by someone called Richard Roxburgh who was also in... League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Funny that eh?

I saw this movie tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Special effects were excellent and the fast pace of the film was great too. I liked the fact that it was action all the way through the film. This is how an action film is supposed to be.

If you want to watch a film with great dialogue and actors delivering oscar winning performances then this is not the film for you. This is an action film and certainly delivers.

I'm not sure why people are slagging off the acting as I can't say I thought it was bad at all. The dialogue was purposely corny in places and a lot of the dialogue was tongue in cheek. In places there some great parodies on the old horror films.

This was definitely a fun movie and in my opinion great to watch. It wasn't a serious film so don't watch it expecting it to be that way. Go and see the film as an action film and you won't come away disappointed.

I'll definitely be buying this on DVD when it comes out. Maybe I'll be the only one!!! But I certainly wasn't disappointed

Daz

I saw this last night and liked Kate Beckinsale (hey, what's not to like about her? ;) ) and Hugh Jackman. Steven Sommers definitely has an eye for the leading lady (Rachael Weisz, for example!). I didfell though that the film didn't give enough time to develop Jackman's character and history. To me in places it felt a bit like a comic adaptation that was trying too hard, e.g. Spawn, Dardevil, etc

I did like the Universal homage at the start where it's in black and white.

I would watch it again on dvd to see if a second viewing makes a difference.

And hey, Kate Beckinsale....mmmmm!!

Just seen it last night. What a stinker. :suicide:

No dialog, no plot, no suspense. Can I have my money back please?

Kate Beckinsale proves again she is a bad luck to any production.

BTW: I liked The Mummy and X-Men.

Okay, I don't know where those who are critical of this movie come off... I just got back from seeing it, and am happy to report that the movie was awesome. All of the negative comments I'd read before seeing it were disproved as far as I'm concerned. The score was great, the sound engineering fabulous, and overall the sound was no louder than any other action movie (Matrix anyone?). The CG was absolutely incredible. I went in knowing (from an interview with Stephen Sommers) that Frankenstein was entirely CG ALL the time, and was blown away to find that he looked and acted more real than a REAL Frankenstein (i.e. guy in a body suit) would look. I personally liked the lines that others are complaining about. They were comfortable, humorous, timely, well-delivered, and often sarcastic in just the right measure. This is one film that will be looked back on highly, but that some like to bash simply because it has all their favorite classic creatures in it but in a different context then some viewers like. It also is an unapologetically fun, playful film, and I appreciated the thrill ride it delivered. I also was not annoyed by the use of FX.

All in all, I think it's far and away the best Stephen Sommers film EVER. I pretty much hated Return of the Mummy II - mostly because of the horrendous "scorpion king" CG at the end. But for the most part both Mummies were fun, but nearly as fun as Van Helsing.

So, lighten up guys. Don't be so arrogant as to think you're above this kind of fun film. You can't honestly tell me that you think the dialogue, story, and even CG were nearly as bad as they were in the Matrix trilogy. Granted, the Matrix trilogy got away with a passable story, and horrendous dialogue only because of its marvelous CG...

*sigh* I'm done ranting. I loved the film for being just what I was hoping it would be - a fun, epic, cool, thrilling start to the summer. If this film doesn't make more than any of Stephen Sommers other films I would be VERY surprised.

Valhalla
I agree. This is a great popcorn movie. Thought provoking and enlightening it aint, but packed with action and awesome CGI. A real good no brainer.

Popcorn movie, whats the real diff between this and The Mummy, both nonsense, bit totally ott, ridiculous plot. Ony difficult decision is who you'd bag first, Rachel Weisz or Kate Beckinsdale...

I went to see the movie after reading the two star review from Empire magazine and was pleasantly surprised!

It is an awesome movie. Good special effects and sound. Very entertaining although it would not test your brain cells. Predictable ending and I enjoyed it more than Matrix Revolutions.

I think Sab has hit it on the head. It all comes down to expectations. I haven't seen this film yet, and probably won't until it comes out on DVD.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen also got a bit of a panning from the critics IIRC. I watched that on DVD with fairly low expectations, and found that it was a passable popcorn flick.

Some of you will have to suffer so you can lower our expectations . But stick with it, it's a worthy sacrifice ;)

Van Helsing, what a stinker! Merged with above thread as it is about the very same subject. ;)

[Merge by Garrett].

yep the plot[ was there one?]didnt exsist, and the acting was quite ott, but be honest were you all expecting some lotr beater?the effects were excellent as were all the locations. also its kid friendly so us adults can take our kids and enjoy it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom