1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Van Damme vga cable.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leedsfireman, Dec 11, 2002.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi, can any one who uses the van damme vga cable let me know if it is worth spending the extra money to buy one. Did you use a cheaper one first so how do they compare.
    I used a maplin cable then changed to a better quality one from Lindy's and saw a better quality picture, so i'm thinking if i've spent so much on my system so far will i see an improvement if i went for the van damme.

thanx,

andy.

2. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was using a Lindy vga cable whilst waiting for VanDamme cable to arrive.

The Vandamme cable is far more substantial and seems to be made from good quality components

As for picture quality I believe I noticed a slight improvement but the cable is only as good as what sky send to it.

Hope this helps
    Toonarmy

3. eddiewww

eddiewww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    agree with the comment about quality depending on sky at the end of the day.... al we can do is try and keep what little quality is there by using good quality cables.... dont know if this really helps but i had a PW4 and sold it along with a Van Damme VGA and JS box and whilst i still got some solarisation watching footy it was fairly acceptable..... much better than at the moment where i have a PW5 and another JS box, but an old standard cable.... is it the cable or the new plasma ? i would say the cable had a lot to do with it..
    i am about to invest in an I-scan ultra and will have a Van Damme cable for sure..

eddie...

4. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +664
    To date, every cable I have tried has given a picture which looks perfect. BUT.. I am getting a feint horizontal streak right across the screen when I get certain colours onto of certain colours.

I am not sure if this is caused by the cable, but am tempted to buy a VDC one, just to see...

But, other than that, all of the cables that I have tried (SyncBlaster, Home Made RGB+Sync cable and various VGA cables from my JS box) all give IDENTICAL results!