Van Damme Speaker Cables

ReTrO

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Van Dammes range of speaker cables?

They look like they have potential (the pro range), and are a nice blue colour. :D

Any opinions?

I use the 4*2.5mm ones to my Celestions and they seem fine to me, better than the single run of 79strand that they replaced by a long shot but then you'd expect that.:)

Yes I like the blue colour too.

If you buy direct from Van Damme you can get the exact length you need at a more than reasonable cost.

That's the stuff I was thinking of.

I'd probably buy a 50/100m drum of it and sell off the stuff I don't need.

You'll need me to buy some first. :)

May well do this in the start of the summer.

Find myself a good cheap supplier.

Maplin sell V-D 2, 4 & 8 core spkr cable by the metre. I'm thinking of using their 4 or 8 core myself, but they also produce some clear-jacketed 'shotgun' OFC spkr cables which I'm trying to track down. They classify this is a 'HiFi' product as opposed to a 'Professional' product.
see http://www.majeel.com/pvandamme.htm
I'm using their starquad pro mic cable in my (home-constructed) balanced cables with good results. Van Damme produce high-quality cable at a sane price, IMO.
I saw the spkr cable being used in a dem room at the Bristol show, but I can't find anybody that's selling it. Any ideas?

Richard M

http://www.vdctrading.com/

Buy direct and get the exact length you need, I bought 65m when I ran my cables. Much better than buying 50 or 100m drums from CPC and cheaper per meter too.

Its not easy to hide though at 9mm (ish) round. I routed out my concrete floor with an SDS drill and a chisel bit:D

I always need more than I think, and friends etc usually need summit also.

You need to buy at least 10m to get that cheap price, not too hard. :)

Oh I thought it was cheap stuff. I only need some for rear surround use - I'll look at 50P /M stuff or 2nd hand. And need 2x7M ASAP- got the poweramp, got the processor, got the speakers just sitting there twiddling it's thumbs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom