1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire the masquerade 2:Bloodlines (Source engine game)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Hawklord, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. In some ways more so than HL2. It uses the source engine and is an rpg in a vampiric universe with potentially loads more replayability. A few online reviews have come out giving it>90% in most cases.

Check it out if you've finished HL2 :smashin: My copy is on it's way. :D

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    It does look good, but from the reviews, it looks like it needs a little extra work, seems strange though as it has been on the shelf for nearly a year.

I have got too much to play at the mo, still have GTA:VC, HL2, Metroid 2, Baten Kaitos, Gradius V to play/complete :p

3. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I just loved Metriod Prime and the sequel is supposed to be even better. The poor old Game Cube produces these gems from time to time.

Very much overlooked but we should all be playing this one.

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081

i've got this but not really played a lot of it yet. the graphics look to be a mixed bag, the textures are a bit low res, but the character models are nice. Still not a patch on HL2 though. the tutorial is really bloody boring, and you keep having to press keys to choose answers to questions, even when there's only one answer available which gets pretty tedious. Hopefully once the game gets going properly it'll be cool. The sound stutters just like in HL2, and the EAX doesnt work properly, tending to send sound out of sync to two speakers so you get an echo, and characters in cut scenes seem to teleport from one spot to another when theyr'e supposed to be walking.. all in all a few bugs i think which hopefully will be patched away before long.

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    A few people over at overclockers have said it's very good but buggy. I still haven't received my copy from play yet but I probably haven't enough time at the moment to play it. I'll finish halfl ife 2 and practice some more at counter strike before moving onto vampire. Hopefully by that time they'll have a patch available to correct things. I wonder what they've been doing the last year as Sinzer mentions as you'd off thought more play testing and bug fixes could've been done before release:(

6. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    I bought this a week or so ago - mainly because I had heard ( but not paid attention to ) people talking about it on irc .... and it was £10 in Game.

I have just completed it - yes there were bugs .... but I still enjoyed it.

Nosferatu - Level 5 obfuscate:

Imageing seeing a sledge hammer suddenly appearing from nowhere swinging at full belt into your friends head ..... then *poof* nothings there but a body.

I loved: snapping knecks, ramming a sword up through their back an out of their chest. Shooting at a group of guys - running round the corner and obfuscating .... then running back into the middle of them and stealth killing them one by one.

Had a go with celerity as well - which is reasonably fun - similar to the way bullet time was done in max pain etc......... weaving inbetween someones bullets with your sword slashing downwards into their chest ;)

7. Starvald

Starvald
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've played this. Really enjoyed it.

It is buggy as all hell though.

Try playing as a Tremere, blood boil is so fun it's gotta be illegal!

Just started another game as a Malkavian, but I've now got a show-stopping ctd when I try to enter the Asylum for the first time. Thing is all kinds of crazy crap happens to a malkavian character. (the newsreader says stupid stuff, and you can have a conversation with a bus stop)