Valve to Steam users: No class-action suits

Auto-patching for me is the single most awesome thing it does as a big library of games.

Gone are the days where I used to have check the sites to see if the games I am playing had the latest patches. They're just done for you, ready whenever you are.

The latest version of any software isn't always the best version.

:laugh: I don't think there's a best version available.

One I can think of that people downgrade to is GTA4... but that's just for a mod, and you can still do that with Steam if you need to.

I'm not sure about that. You could make the next triple-A title cheap as chips and people would still pirate it.

And this is why Steam is popular. The massive sales give you a good price, and the ease of installation/downloading is akin to just downloading it off the bay.

You won't even own it on Steam anyway, so why pay? It's just a glorified rental service. I wanted to sell Arma 2 CO which I only bought for DayZ which I didn't really like or should I say have the patience for as it's in Alpha.

European regs say I should be able to sell it on but Steam say I cannot. :thumbsdow

A couple of the Skyrim versions were worse than the previous ones, that's the first one that springs to mind. It's not an uncommon fix to go back to a previous version of a game, especially to get saves working.

Generally though, it is beneficial to have the auto update feature. It's particularly annoying to sit down to play something only to find that you have to wait for it update before it can be launched. That's particularly bad for peeps with slower net connections.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom