Valve Amp - no sound

Izzoard

Standard Member
Hi

I have a Jadis Orchestra valve Amp, which has 4 EL34 tubes mounted in push-pull which are driven by 2 ECC83. I copied this from their website, please don't think I'm an expert

I now suddenly have no sound from either speaker, and have tried 2 sources and channels.

Neither pre amp tube seems to be lit, this seems odd they'd both blow simultaneously. The power light is on, so not the main fuse.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Izzy

oscroft

Hi

I have a Jadis Orchestra valve Amp, which has 4 EL34 tubes mounted in push-pull which are driven by 2 ECC83. I copied this from their website, please don't think I'm an expert

I now suddenly have no sound from either speaker, and have tried 2 sources and channels.

Neither pre amp tube seems to be lit, this seems odd they'd both blow simultaneously. The power light is on, so not the main fuse.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Izzy
My suspicion would point to a possible failure of the power supply to the filaments/heaters of the two pre-amp tubes - those are the parts in the innards that light up. So I'd use a multimeter and check that... BUT...

BIG WARNING: There are lethal voltages inside tube amps, so you should definitely not poke around inside it unless you are absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom