Valve Amp help

Fletch17687

Novice Member
Hi All

I’m after some advice. I believe my step dad built this valve amp and after he passed away I inherited it along with other items. Sadly I don’t have room for it these days and therefore am looking to sell it as it has less sentimental value then other items.

However I haven’t got a clue about how much I sell it for and what I describe it as other than a valve amp for sale. Any help would be much appreciated as I would to see it go to a good home for the right price.

97DD673C-B054-4C23-882A-F8C241562179.jpeg

Attachments

• 259727CC-0F5D-4211-8C67-FD5B58F785D3.jpeg
    259727CC-0F5D-4211-8C67-FD5B58F785D3.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 267452A8-7D5A-41AC-BA52-D5A95DC59D07.jpeg
    267452A8-7D5A-41AC-BA52-D5A95DC59D07.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 45

musicphil

Nice looking amp
Does it work/ switch on? Have you heard it?
Looks like 4× EL34 's ?
No bias control for the valves.
Try it on flea bay?
I might be tempted!

Fletch17687

Novice Member
Nice looking amp
Does it work/ switch on? Have you heard it?
Looks like 4× EL34 's ?
No bias control for the valves.
Try it on flea bay?
I might be tempted!
Hi Phil

Yeah it’s 4 x Electro-harmonix EL34.

Played it a few times in the last few months and all works well.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Quick google, looks like it could be a Edison 60 kit that retail at around £600 for the kit.

There is one on this page that looks identical to what you have.

If you can get to the inside them the circuit boards may have printing on them or you can compare the components/layout with the links above to confirm.

If you can decide on a price, rather than leaving it up to ebay, then there is a classified section on here and also there is a "UK Hi-Fi Kit for Sale or Exchange" Facebook page that tend to have a good following.

Last edited:

Fletch17687

Novice Member
Quick google, looks like it could be a Edison 60 kit that retail at around £600 for the kit.

There is one on this page that looks identical to what you have.

If you can get to the inside them the circuit boards may have printing on them or you can compare the components/layout with the links above to confirm.

If you can decide on a price, rather than leaving it up to ebay, then there is a classified section on here and also there is a "UK Hi-Fi Kit for Sale or Exchange" Facebook page that tend to have a good following.
Thanks that does look very similar. Really appreciate your help

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom