• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Value of returned faulty TVs

arenaman

I've just been totting up the total cost of the sets I've sent back over the last 3yrs 6 months(ie what I paid) and not including failed repairs it comes in at a whopping £23,000 including the one that's about to go back. Unbelievable :eek:. All I want is a TV that works like it should :rolleyes:

megadeth uk

I've just been totting up the total cost of the sets I've sent back over the last 3yrs 6 months(ie what I paid) and not including failed repairs it comes in at a whopping £23,000 including the one that's about to go back. Unbelievable :eek:. All I want is a TV that works like it should :rolleyes:
Have you been getting interest on that when you get your money back ;) I've returned a few faulty ones the last 6 months, doesn't come close to you though, you could be on some dark secret NSA list as a troublemaker ;)

tatt2guy

I've returned my fair share of tvs. Amazon have taken notice about the unusual activity and amount of returns on my account
They haven't cancelled my account yet but they were asking why I've returned so many.

panman40

Distinguished Member

Holy .... ....me. So on and so forth. That's a lot more sets than myself, like we was saying earlier though if quality control was better there would be far less returns, I can't speak for everyone but I would happily pay just a few dollars more to ensure a fault free tv:cool:

arenaman

2 x Samsung PS50C680 @ £800 each
1 x Samsung PS50C7000 £900
1 x Samsung PS59D6900 £1400
1 X Samsung UE55D8000 £2000
1 x Samsung UE55ES8000 £2500
2 x Samsung UE55F8000 @£2500 each
2 x Samsung PS64F8500 @£3000 each
1 x Sony KD65X9005B £3600

Worktolivelife

If it were not for this forum I for one would proberly have just accepted less than total satisfaction but reading through others experiences made me realise I shouldn't have to and quality retailers have generous returns policy 'try before you buy' almost which in there favour eventually has a knock on effect of a happy customer who in turn would recommend to others generating another sale and so the cycle goes on. Over the last 2-3 months I've been through:
Sony W955
Sony W905
Samsung F8500
Samsung HU8500 x3
LG OLED
Sony X9 and we're done!! :) I think
Credit card company initially kept blocking my card as an unusual transaction haven't bothered recently :)

Worktolivelife

What was wrong with the LG OLED ???
The OLED was for the bedroom so viewing distances were short properly 5/6 foot and found the benefits of the higher resolution 4k models came into there own there were just more glasslike clarity to the PQ,the Samsungs contrast and blacks weren't on a par with the LG OLED (least wise on a test bench) but for day to day viewing never distracted from my viewing pleasure in all honesty the only time I went WOW was when the end credits on a movie rolled or any static black with a touch of colour viewed Netflix loading screen being an example with the spinning red circle. I never had any of the issues some seem to be reporting on the OLED Forums although only had the TV a couple of weeks but didn't restrict my viewing watched what I wanted when I wanted without issue IMHO, but in the end a high end LCD 4K was a better choice for me, bringing me to the new Sony X9 4k wedge ..... I like the design, the integration of the subwoofer innovative and convenient given I would of gone along the sound bar convenience route and the PQ ( viewed in store till I get it up) I won't say better than the Samsung but nicer to my eye richer colours/blacks.
And this is we're my journey ends! Till the next time :)

MAX1210

2 x Samsung PS50C680 @ £800 each
1 x Samsung PS50C7000 £900
1 x Samsung PS59D6900 £1400
1 X Samsung UE55D8000 £2000
1 x Samsung UE55ES8000 £2500
2 x Samsung UE55F8000 @£2500 each
2 x Samsung PS64F8500 @£3000 each
1 x Sony KD65X9005B £3600

Perhaps you should try a Panasonic? ;)

A couple of guys from our multibrand store that sells Samsung call them boomerang products - they always come back!

Last edited:

arenaman

Perhaps you should try a Panasonic? ;)

A couple of guys from our multibrand store that sells Samsung call them boomerang products - they always come back!

I think I'm done with Samsung, seriously considered the VT65 but bottled it

panman40

Distinguished Member
I think I'm done with Samsung, seriously considered the VT65 but bottled it

I would have my Samsung D6900 back in a heartbeat, I can't do Panasonic Plasma due to DFC, saying that I'm enjoying the 'no heat 'no buzz of the Sony W905.

4k is still a way off for me as I've no interest in streaming Netflix etc and will probably coincide with either a sensibly priced Oled or a decent full array LCD. :)

arenaman

I would have my Samsung D6900 back in a heartbeat, I can't do Panasonic Plasma due to DFC, saying that I'm enjoying the 'no heat 'no buzz of the Sony W905.

4k is still a way off for me as I've no interest in streaming Netflix etc and will probably coincide with either a sensibly priced Oled or a decent full array LCD. :)

I did like the D6900 it was a nice set especially at the price. I know the DFC would do my brick in plus I thing the picture would just look dull to me, just personal preferences I guess. I think the X9B gives a great picture and you can tell there's a difference due to the upscaling, you don't need to mess about with Netflix or wait for mainstream 4K content to see the benefits of a 4K set

panman40

Distinguished Member
I did like the D6900 it was a nice set especially at the price. I know the DFC would do my brick in plus I thing the picture would just look dull to me, just personal preferences I guess. I think the X9B gives a great picture and you can tell there's a difference due to the upscaling, you don't need to mess about with Netflix or wait for mainstream 4K content to see the benefits of a 4K set

I'm waiting for 4K blu ray. I guess twice as many pixels = a smoother picture though, panasonics DFC would certainly get on my t:facepalm:ts but I'm sure would be bright enough for me!.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom